See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing Properties Palatte

Login to Give a bone

Default Missing Properties Palatte

Hi, I've been using 2009 for a while but this is the first time I have encountered this problem and after searching the forums to no avail, will post my problem here:

When I attempt to open my properties palette I can briefly see the top of the palette flash in the lower left of my monitor, and then it disappears. I normally have my have my palettes on autohide to the left of my screen and don't allow docking.

Is there some way to recover my properties palatte? And why would it only flash briefly and then disappear?

Thanks

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Missing Properties Palatte

Quote Originally Posted by judekw View Post
    Hi, I've been using 2009 for a while but this is the first time I have encountered this problem and after searching the forums to no avail, will post my problem here:

When I attempt to open my properties palette I can briefly see the top of the palette flash in the lower left of my monitor, and then it disappears. I normally have my have my palettes on autohide to the left of my screen and don't allow docking.

Is there some way to recover my properties palatte? And why would it only flash briefly and then disappear?

Thanks
    you can try changing your screen resolution and see if that allows you to recover your properties palette. It could be that it is set to autohide and off the screen, that would cause it to flash briefly then disappear.

Login to Give a bone

Try this, It's from Lynn Allen's blog.

Here's the solution - we'll enlist the CUI command here to help us out.
    1) After executing the CUI command, expand the Workspaces section in the upper left corner and select the active workspace.
    2) Expand the Dockable Windows in the Workspace Contents pane (upper right)
    3) Select the missing item from the list
    4) Underneath Properties you'll see an Orientation option. Change it to anything other than "Do Not Change" (for obvious reasons).

After existing the CUI command (since the CUI command is so huge you can't see anything on the screen when it's open) you should see your poor lost window and can reposition it to suit your needs!
    So there you go! You'll never be lost again (at least your dockable windows won't be!)

Login to Give a bone

I am not utilizing Workspaces, so the tip from Lynn is not working for me. I was able to grab my Properties Palette and move it up and it docked to the right. I right clicked on it and unchecked "Allow Docking" and it disappeared completely. I now am unable to see it anywhere. I have two monitors and moved my AutoCAD window to the right side, but the palette still was not visible. I also tried changing my resolution but that didn't help either.

All AUGI, all the time gfreddog's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Actually if you have AutoCAD open you are using Workspaces, they may be the default ones but you are using them.

Sounds like your Palette is off screen, try these TIPS to see if that helps

Good Luck

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by gfreddog View Post
    Actually if you have AutoCAD open you are using Workspaces, they may be the default ones but you are using them.
    I figured that was the case. However, when I click on the only available Workspace (default I assume,) I do not get the dialog as shown in the illustration. All I get is the Workspaces Information dialog.

Quote Originally Posted by gfreddog View Post
    Sounds like your Palette is off screen, try these TIPS to see if that helps

Good Luck
    I am trying these suggestions right now with no luck. I have tried the simpler solutions with no success and am now trying the regedit solution, but have not yet found which folder the Properties palette is in.

Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

I have created my workspace so that now I can access the Properties Palette by manipulating its position through the CUI. However, all I have been able to do is force it to appear at either the left side or the right side of the screen in a docked position. Even when I set "allow docking" to "no," if I try to move the window it disappears as soon as I move it. It may be worthy to note that when I grab the window, what I assume is the outline of it extends beyond the right side of my second monitor.

Now though, it's totally different... no matter what I set the position to in the CUI, left, right... when I turn it on it flashes at the left side of the screen, in the position I want it, and then disappears.

I am... ahhh... frustrated and mystified.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by judekw View Post
    I have created my workspace so that now I can access the Properties Palette by manipulating its position through the CUI. However, all I have been able to do is force it to appear at either the left side or the right side of the screen in a docked position. Even when I set "allow docking" to "no," if I try to move the window it disappears as soon as I move it. It may be worthy to note that when I grab the window, what I assume is the outline of it extends beyond the right side of my second monitor.

Now though, it's totally different... no matter what I set the position to in the CUI, left, right... when I turn it on it flashes at the left side of the screen, in the position I want it, and then disappears.

I am... ahhh... frustrated and mystified.

I am having this same problem with no answer or end in sight. Someone help please!

Login to Give a bone

For kicks, has anyone tried reinstalling Microsoft's XML library?
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by RobertB View Post
    For kicks, has anyone tried reinstalling Microsoft's XML library?
    No, I have not. I will Google that and see if I can learn how to accomplish that task before someone tells me how. Meanwhile I am still having this problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast