Thread: Help finding resources for final project in class.

Login to Give a bone

Default Help finding resources for final project in class.

Hello,

I'm currently enrolled in a final project class for the Engineering Design Graphics Associates at my local college and up until now we have been given the exact drawings and object our professors wanted us to use in Inventor. So far the most complex objects we have created have been a smaller gate valve along with a small ball valve.

For the final project I'm looking at doing about 4 or 5 objects of similar size, but we don't seem to have many resources outside of the few objects they already had us draw in earlier semesters. I was curious if anyone could help point me in the right direction of any websites that have similar objects that give enough information/dimensions to recreate the objects in Inventor. If not I'm also willing to find some actual objects to bring home and measure out to recreate, but once again, I'm a little stuck on where I would go to look for anything like this.

Sorry if I'm not exactly supposed to ask for things like this, but I'm still a starting Inventor user and very new on creating something without help considering the objects they would like us to draw for an Inventor final project seem like things students would have a hard time getting a hold of.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Help finding resources for final project in class.

I think, if I were in your position, I would imagine my dream engineering/CAD job and find a local company (Google search) that employs such people. Then I’d knock on their door and explain my situation. Hopefully they could provide me with some practical item to model, I could make an impressive project for class, and I could get my foot in the door of my dream company, especially if they were impressed with my CAD skills and the initiative I took in contacting them. Good luck!

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

There are some tutorials in my signature with some good advanced projects.

Login to Give a bone

I guess it depends on what kind of job you plan on doing.

If you want to draw machine parts for a living, maybe get your hands on shop drawings and recreate them (model them) in Inventor. Or if you plan on creating manufactured items, maybe you can download "cut sheets" of similar items from a distrubutor or manufacturer.

Or as you mentioned, figure out what kinds of things you want to model, go find some of them, either borrow them, or take photos and measure them up, and recreate them.

Just a few ideas.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by JD Mather View Post
    There are some tutorials in my signature with some good advanced projects.
    Thank you all for the advice! I was curious if there is any way to get a hold of Inventor tutorials 12 and 13?

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Intrik View Post
    Thank you all for the advice! I was curious if there is any way to get a hold of Inventor tutorials 12 and 13?
    Those have been replaced with this -

http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=class&session_id=3056

You will have to sign up at au.autodesk (free). There is a video on that site of the class.