Thread: Save to Project as Image & RFI's

I could stop if I wanted to stuntmonkee's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Save to Project as Image & RFI's

I have been working with creating a efficiant RFI system for the office here. The method I have prefered so far is by using "Save to project as image".

Couple different issues that I have found so far, and I'm starting to run out of legit answers.

Once you hit "save to project as image" the window comes up. So long as you use "current window", you get a scalable image that you can drop on a sheet. If you use "visable portion of current view" you get random scales.

Why is that important, well! If you need to show a portion of a floor plan, then you need to show just that particular area. But again, if you use "visable portion of current window", you don't get a scalable view. Bummer.

Next step would be to create a callout? But then you lose any annotation/detailing. Duplicate View? Ehhhh, not a fan of creating child views or having to do that much clean up.

At this poing I'm thinking of sticking with call-outs and then either grouping detailing with a copy paste.

Thoughts?

Thanks
    Stunts

Certifiable AUGI Addict twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Save to Project as Image & RFI's

I like dependant views for this. But, if youre not a fan of them, it doesnt help you.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Your best solution is using this family posted by david.kingham here: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...light=bulletin

Works like a charm and you just archive the PDF's

Login to Give a bone

I'll give this a go and see how it goes.

Thanks, not sure what the team will think, but let's see.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by stuntmonkee View Post
    I'll give this a go and see how it goes.

Thanks, not sure what the team will think, but let's see.
    Decided to run with dependant views. No other real options. Ok system though now that it's running.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by stuntmonkee View Post
    Decided to run with dependant views. No other real options. Ok system though now that it's running.
    My approach is to use entire sheets. I Save to Project as Image the entire sheet, then use a donut masking region to crop back to the portion of the sheet I need to place on a revision sketch title block. Have multiple sketches on a sheet, just copy the view and revise the masking region.
    The reason I don't use dependent views? No dependent views of schedules. Or details. Or title blocks. And the dependent view then has it's own view title, which might be wrong, or in a different place relative to the view, or the view might be cropped differently. Save as Image of the sheet solves all those problems and ensures no extra work hiding a bunch of callouts, and the resultant sketch is perfect for the 19th century tape up process the construction industry still depends on, because it matches perfectly.
    It has problems of it's own, especially the fact that you only get a properly scaled image at 150 DPI, and Revit full on bold face lies about any other resolution. But hey, what do you expect from Autodesk Marketing, right?

Gordon

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon.Price View Post
    My approach is to use entire sheets. I Save to Project as Image the entire sheet, then use a donut masking region to crop back to the portion of the sheet I need to place on a revision sketch title block. Have multiple sketches on a sheet, just copy the view and revise the masking region.
    The reason I don't use dependent views? No dependent views of schedules. Or details. Or title blocks. And the dependent view then has it's own view title, which might be wrong, or in a different place relative to the view, or the view might be cropped differently. Save as Image of the sheet solves all those problems and ensures no extra work hiding a bunch of callouts, and the resultant sketch is perfect for the 19th century tape up process the construction industry still depends on, because it matches perfectly.
    It has problems of it's own, especially the fact that you only get a properly scaled image at 150 DPI, and Revit full on bold face lies about any other resolution. But hey, what do you expect from Autodesk Marketing, right?

Gordon
    We arent using dependant views and stopping there. We are using "Save to Project as Image", but in the event that the image is of a partial portion of a plan or elevation, then we must duplicate the view and crop it down, then create the image and then drop that image on the sheet. So you could still do that with details and schedules as needed. Although, I suppose that might create an issue since you cant crop down a sheet to only see a portion. . . .hmmmmmm