Thread: General Questions for 3D 2011

Login to Give a bone

Default General Questions for 3D 2011

I have a couple questions I hope a couple of the more experienced CAD guys can help me out with:

1) Is there a system variable for opening a drawing(somehow it got switch to open only through the command line)?

2) When I load my profile for all my settings it will not stay current if I exit and return to Civil 3D. How do you fix this?

3) I use a survey plug-in called Sincpac. It will not always show up in the ribbon tabs, sometimes it will sometimes it wont.

Also I have seem to come across a lot more problems since I have been running Civil 3D off of my secondary hard drive. I thought this would help system performance since it is the only application on a 250gb HD. Anyone see why this would cause any problems with anything that I have listed above?

Thank You For Your Time

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: General Questions for 3D 2011

1) Chances are good that your FILEDIA variable got reset to 0. This happens a lot when C3D crashes. A lot of people will add a line to their acaddoc.lsp file that sets FILEDIA to 1, just to prevent this problem.

2) The shortcut you use to start C3D usually contains the Profile that should be launched at startup. The default shortcut for C3D 2011 will load either the "<<C3D_Imperial>>" or the "<<C3D_Metric>>" Profile, depending on how you configured the settings during installation, and on which shortcut you pick.

If you want C3D to load a specific Profile at startup, change the shortcut. For example, the shortcut in the attached image (which is for C3D 2010) will load the Profile called "C3D2010" at startup, instead of "<<C3D_Imperial>>".

3) The Sincpac ribbon tab will disappear if you run the CUI command. I'm looking into potential fixes for this. In the meantime, if the Sincpac tab disappears, you can get it back either by reloading your workspace, or by typing SPRibbonEnabled and answering "yes". This will reload the Sincpac tab if it is missing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sinc; 2010-10-05 at 03:32 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: General Questions for 3D 2011

Very helpful. Thank You