Thread: Editing Window Assembly

Login to Give a bone

Default Editing Window Assembly

How do you change the wall thickness and the furring thickness of a window assembly? I have gone into the "Edit Door/Window Assembly Style" but cannot figure out how to do maniuplate either characteristic. Thanks in advance for any help.

Michelle

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Editing Window Assembly

I am not quite certain what you mean. You can change the frame depth; to do so you would either need to create a new frame in the style and assign it to the appropriate grids (if you want to keep the current frame as is) or you would need to edit the currently assigned frame(s).

That revised frame depth could be set to match the width of the Wall into which you plan to place the Door/Window Assembly (including any furring components that may be part of the Wall Style).

If the above does not answer your question, perhaps you could be more specific about what you are trying to do. Attaching a sample file with what you are starting and perhaps a sketch using lines to show what you want for an end result may be helpful.

Login to Give a bone

I have attached a very simple pdf showing my current window assembly. It's a triple window within an 8" block wall which has 3" furring. I want the wall and window assembly to be 12" block with no furring. I can edit the wall type and get the wall that I want, but I cannot get the window assembly to fit correctly in that new wall type. How do I maniuplate the window assembly to work with this wall?
    Attached Files Attached Files

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Click on the WA to enable the grips. Click on the center grip. Then, select the control key. You can step through the selections of moving along the wall, forward and back within the wall, and moving verticalls. Is that what you are after?