Thread: Colors in viz render

Login to Give a bone

Default Colors in viz render

We have recently moved to Viz 2005. When I add materials they look fine in the Viewport, but when I render they look almost washed out. The brown brick looks kind of orange. The reds look more pink. They don't look right at all. I have'nt touched the lighting. Other times I've added lights but it did not help.
    Any Ideas?
    Dave Popek

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Colors in viz render

It sounds like you are using the default lighting in Viz, which will result in the washed out look you are mentioning. You will have to add some lighting sources to your scene if you want the materials to look realistic and have lighting and shadow effects. This requires a decision on which types of lighting you want to use. To get photorealistic lighting, you will need to use photometric lights and radiosity calculations or, since you are using Viz 2005, you also have the option of using the mental ray rendering engine and use mr lighting. Another option, if you are rendering an exterior scene, is to use the Daylight System and add the effect of a sun by setting the day, time and location of the light source. Another option, if you just need a fast, quick test render is to use the basic Viz light sources such as the omni or spot lights. Which type of lighting would you like more information on?

Tod Stephens

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Colors in viz render

Thanks, I will give that a try. But I don't remember having that problem with my last version of Viz.

Dave Popek