Thread: Line / Block Properties to follow UCS

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Line / Block Properties to follow UCS

Does anyone know of a setting which would make the line / block's angle displayed in the properties palette follow the current UCS? It always shows the angle according to the WCS. I'd like to see this in Vanilla ACad 2008/11.

The scenario: we've got a site plan with the borders drawn at the degrees-minute-seconds. Then we set-up a UCS aligned to each border so we can place the buildings parallel to it. But in some cases we need to rotate the buildings by a specified angle. I'd have liked to select a few of these buildings and simply change their insertion angle. The problem is the angle now needs to be calculated from the border's WCS angle - which is in most cases an angle with a lot of decimal points

I've searched help, here and google, but can't seem to find anything.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Line / Block Properties to follow UCS

I can't help with the properties palette question but I can relate to the rotation issue. There is something you can do about that and to an extreme precision too. Let AutoCAD do the calculating for you. When you issure the rotate command ther is an option to rotate by "reference". It takes a little bit of practice to use but it's easy enough to catch on.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Line / Block Properties to follow UCS

Thanks, I know the rotate by reference, but that means I have to rotate each block on its own. What I want to do is select 20+ blocks and change their rotation angle at once. I know there's lisps for that, but I'd have loved being able to do so through the PropPal.

Oh well, probably no way of doing this. Will have to make a lisp function . I've even tried QCalc's variables, but that seems even more work. Or stick with what we do at present: place the blocks, change to WCS then rotate all of them (using refence rotate) about one of the endpoints on the border such that they're aligning with WCS's X axis. Use PSElect previous, then do the property palette change, then rotate them back to the border.