Thread: Copy / Monitor - Changing Types

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Copy / Monitor - Changing Types

Hi All,

Here is a simplified example of an issue that I am having with Copy / Monitor. Attached to this thread, there are two very simple models.

The Structural model has two columns, two floors, and two walls. The Arch model links the Structural model, then copy / monitors all 6 objects.

In the structural model, I have changed the types for one column, one wall, and one floor. Like this:

I get a Coordination Review Warning that looks like this:

Notice, the only Action options that I get for Walls (and also floors) are:
    Postpone
    Reject
    Accept Difference

I don't have an option for "Update to New Type." Am I supposed to have this option? Is this beyond the scope of copy / monitor? Do I have to manually update types where thicknesses change?

I feel like I've seen that option in other places, or in previous versions of Revit. Please note, I don't care about the columns right now. I'm particularly concerned about floor thicknesses.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by saeborne; 2010-10-25 at 06:56 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Copy / Monitor - Changing Types

I think that the C/M tool is still very much in it’s infancy.
    To the best of my knowledge what Revit does not allow you to re update your maped objects. The C/M is great at tracking things that move around and the provided interface for dealing with such things is sufficient. In this instance where the elements are changed but remain in the same location Revit kind of falls short on what to do which gives me hope that since it is monitoring such things means this will be improved on in the future.

What I find myself doing in these cases is having to jump back and forth from the model to the Copy monitor list as I manually correct the coordination issues. Much in the same clumsy way you have to constantly move back and forth between dialog box and project to clean up warnings. In this example I would check the Coordination review for the issue close the window adjust the model so that my slab was the same as the new structural one then reopen the Coordination dialog and find the next element(s) that needed corrected.

Most of the time this is not a huge deal, just an inconvenience, but if C/M issues build up and you do not stay on top of them this can become a very tedious task.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Copy / Monitor - Changing Types

Anyone know where the settings are to change my display from French back to English?