Thread: Conduit Property Set

Login to Give a bone

Default Conduit Property Set

I have a custom property set for conduit, with associated conduit tags and schedules. When i draw a conduit, apply the property set and tag, the length is not correct in the property window or the schedule. The drawing units are correct and i can measure the conduit and it is correct. I am using the "length" automatic definition and the format is "Unit-Distance Feet-Inches". When I draw a 10' conduit, it reported as a 10" conduit, and when i draw a 15' conduit, it is reported as a 1'-3" conduit. I swear this worked correctly when i finished the creation process! I can not figure out what caused the change. Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks

ACA/AMEP Community Chair stelthorst's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Conduit Property Set

Hi Trent,

Couple of possibilities.

If you are using the automatic length property set definition (PSD) directly for your tags and schedules and have the format set at Unit - Distance Feet-Inches (UDFI) you may get this result. (See pages 1 and 2 attached)

Another possibility is that you have the format in the tag definition set at UDFI and also the tag PSD set at UDFI. See pages 1, 3 and 4 attached)

My preference is to set the automatic length PSD and the tag definition at standard and only use UDFI for the length tag PSD. (See pages 5, 6, and 7 attached)

Hope this helps,
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Scott Telthorst
    Quality Control Manager
    Helix Electric, Inc.
    www.helixelectric.com

Some see the glass as half full, others as half empty. As an engineer I see the glass as twice as big as it needs to be. ~Unknown~