Thread: I used AutoCAD extensively about 15 years ago, but I seem to be hopelessly out of touch now.

Default I used AutoCAD extensively about 15 years ago, but I seem to be hopelessly out of touch now.

a. I am now a university lecturer and I encouraged my students to download the Student Version of AutoCAD P&ID 2010.
    b. I searched the forums for key words “P&ID” and “piping”, “instrument”, etc. but there were no hits.
    c. Which AUGI forum should I go to for help with P&ID?

Default Re: I used AutoCAD extensively about 15 years ago, but I seem to be hopelessly out of touch now.

You might try the AutoCAD P&ID Support forum.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Default Re: I used AutoCAD extensively about 15 years ago, but I seem to be hopelessly out of touch now.

Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    You might try the AutoCAD P&ID Support forum.
    That's kind of sad, 6 threads with the newest one almost a year old.

Along the same lines, has AUGI setup a forum for AutoCAD Plant3d yet? I believe it’s now in its second year of release? I’m not sure if the lack of apparent interest is a shortcoming on AUGI’s part or if it’s just a reflection on how poorly these new products are being received by the industry?

Anyone have any thoughts on the issue? I’m personally very interested in these new products. I work at an oil refinery, stuck drawing 2d stick figures that could be done using R10? I would really like to see the Plant3d & P&ID packages succeed but so far it doesn’t look like they have gained much traction.

You might also try the Autodesk P&ID forum:
    http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-P-ID/bd-p/245

Quote Originally Posted by bkling View Post
    You might also try the Autodesk P&ID forum:
    http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-P-ID/bd-p/245
    Thanks Brian,

I regularly follow several forums on Autodesk’s website along with the “in the pipes” blog.

I was trying to get some “outside” feedback on how the plant3d software package is being viewed by people in the industry, along with noting the apparent lack of interest by people that use the AUGI website.