See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Annotative Blocks in ACA2011

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Annotative Blocks in ACA2011

I have a mystery. I am upgrading our content from ACA2008 to ACA2011. I have an annotative grid bubble tag that works fine in ACA2008, but after upgrading it to 2011, it inserts itself at a scale of .09375 instead of 1.
    I am trying to use the AECCREATECONTENT wizard to get the block setup for use in a tool palette via design center. If I use the Custom Command (preferred) method, the grid tag is always inserted at a scale of .09375. If I use the wizard and change the Content type to "Block" it inserts and scales fine albiet with the rude block insert dialog intervening.
    Does anyone know what might be causing the tag to be scaled down to something other than 1?
    Attached Files Attached Files

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Annotative Blocks in ACA2011

Nevermind - figured it out. It was a combination of having to scale up the source block to compensate for the annotative scaling and finding the right tool template to stick onto the palette.

Login to Give a bone

I am trying the same thing... creating a tool palette pick from a Design Center block created via AecCreateContent. I've set up the aec content to participate in annotation scaling. The block scales fine when dragged from Design Center... but does not when used from a tool palette.

Have you got this to scale when used from a tool palette?

The block its self has its Annotative property set to yes... could having annotation set in AecCreateContent wizard as well as having annotative property set to yes in the block be the issue?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Yes, I have got it to scale correctly when used from a tool palette. I found the answer in here: http://www.archidigm.com/lounge/arch...e_mvblocks.htm

Annotative blocks in ACA seem to get scaled twice - so you cannot define the content block at full scale since it will get scaled down to the annotation plot size once inserted. Here is what I do:
    1. Create block entities at full scale.
    2. Then scale everything up by 10.66667 (our annotation plot size is set to 3/32") about the insertion point (always 0,0,0)
    3. Then create the block from the enlarged entities.
    4. Drag the block from Design Center into a tool palette and it works.

It is ridiculous, but it seems to work.
    Last edited by jsnyder.68308; 2011-03-02 at 11:50 PM.