Thread: OSNAP Dialog In LISP/DCL

Login to Give a bone

Default OSNAP Dialog In LISP/DCL

O.K., ..., I am once again stepping forward to share my ignorance

Like many we are having trouble with the OSNAP dialog in AutoCAD Architecture 2009. Yes, I know there are two newer versions avaiable. We will be migrating to 2011 sometime around the beginning of the year. In any case, I am trying to alleviate some pain for my users by building a usable version of the dialog. I don't think they will find my current solution that much more satisfying than what they have, as I can only get it to set one OSNAP.

My question has to do with the best way to approach the problem. Right now, I am thinking about assigning a number to each TOGGLE for the individual OSNAPs and then calculating the total to hand to the ACTION_TILE rather than using a BOOLE function. Does that sound reasonable, or am I missing the obvious (wouldn't be the first time)?

As always, thanks in advance,
    Attached Files Attached Files

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: OSNAP Dialog In LISP/DCL

Return a list (each OSnap has a bit code), and from there you can boole it once. However, you need to make sure you are accounting for items being unchecked.

Does this help?
    Code:
    (boole 6 (apply (function logior) lst) (getvar 'osmode))
    Actually, you might be able to just assign each item two values (0 for unchecked, bit code for checked), then just evaluate each item when the user clicks OK and set the osmode from there, forgetting all about boole.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Not familar with AutoCAD Architecture 2009, I use Map and Civil. I'd like to offer an alternitive method. I've always modified the Object Snap Cursor Menu to display which Osnaps were toggled on.

I added a flyout from which I can select an osnap to toggle it on/off, selecting none clears them all and EAppCNIns sets End, Apparent Intersect, Center, Node, and Insert which is what I normally use. I added a couple other toggles as well.

Check out Object Snap Cursor Menu2009.cui attached.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Great idea, Tom. I just have a LISP macro that sets my preferred ones and several assigned to programmable keys that work as overrides.