Thread: Help with creating a surface!! DESPERATE!

Login to Give a bone

Default Help with creating a surface!! DESPERATE!

Hey guys and gals. I am having a VERY frustrating problem. I have dropped back down to LDD 07 because of a company change and have got most of my kinks worked out. But this one is a big one. When I open up Terrain Model Explorer then create a new surface (naming it the name of my project) all goes well. When I go to add my break lines, I right click and define by polyline. Instead of allowing me to pick my break lines by either layer or entity a new window opens asking me to pick which surface to use. I then pick the ONLY surface in the drawing and click ok. Well then a NEW window opens asking me to create a new surface. It won't let me cancel so if I name it something else it automatically makes that the current surface and locks it. This would be fine but after I go ahead and add the breaklines and my points files and go to build the surface (the new one not the one that I originally created) it shows min and max elevation of 0.00 even though if you look at the breakline properties and points file they both have elevations. I have done this in a few test jobs so I know its not just this project. ahhhhh I don't know what I'm missing here!! The only thing I can think of is after it asks me to create the new surface and it locks it that that is causing the problem. How do I unlock a surface or allow for working in more than one surface?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Help with creating a surface!! DESPERATE!

Quote Originally Posted by jallwine View Post
    When I open up Terrain Model Explorer then create a new surface (naming it the name of my project) all goes well. When I go to add my break lines, I right click and define by polyline. Instead of allowing me to pick my break lines by either layer or entity a new window opens asking me to pick which surface to use.
    I have seen this before, and I know you said you tried various projects, but I'm pretty sure in our case it was project related.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Help with creating a surface!! DESPERATE!

I have never seen this problem so I don't have any specific recommendations for you.

If you exit LDT does it unlock the surface? If not, it may be a permission issue. Even it does unlock, The make sure the permissions on the project folder are correct.

To manually unlock the surface go to the Projects pull-down pick Project Management then pick the File Locks button.
    Jeff Paulsen