Thread: Detail lines and schedules

I could stop if I wanted to Griff's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Detail lines and schedules

I originally had this posted on the Revit MEP forum but received not response. This question really doesn't pertain just MEP so if anyone can help me with this I'd appreciate it.

I have a drawing that I need to callout cable pull locations on and reference a schedule showing the cable pull information. On the plan view of the facility I have detail lines showing the existing underground conduits and the location for the cable pulls. I would like to take the information from the cable pull.docx file and put that information into the Revit annotation symbol so Revit will build my schedule. I plan on rearranging the columns but I need to have a couple of rows for conduit numbers into the schedule. My thought is: I need to create an annotation symbol, annotation symbol tag and give them a category of something like electrical fixtures. Then my thought is to create a shared parameter within the symbol or tag that allows me to list the conduit numbers for that cable pull. I wouldn’t think this is as hard as I’m making it. Can someone give me a few pointers on how to do this? Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Detail lines and schedules

Probably Revit MEP has specific tools for doing this. However, if I had to do something like this in Revit Architecture, I would start by creating a family with the generic model line based template. I would change the category to electrical equipment, or electrical fixtures, something I can schedule. Then, I would add a shared parameter to give me the length of the line, and a nested annotation tag to show that information on each line, along with the type of cable. Some other parameters would be needed to include information about "from" and "to" cable pulls, etc. Then, some schedules with filters might get me close to the schedule that you are showing; types of cables, quantities, etc.
    Last edited by alfredo medina; 2010-11-19 at 01:54 PM.