Thread: Figure Prefix Library

Login to Give a bone

Default Figure Prefix Library

Hello, I'm using LDD 2008 and would like to create a Figure Prefix Library. I have a text file in the proper location Data/ Survey/ Ing that is coded correctly. When I elect Figure Prefix Library from the Analysis/Figures drop down menu a message comes up saying "Unable to recreate figure prefixes" When I go to Edit Data Files from Projects drop down...enter Autodesk Survey...Figure Prefix Library...Edit Data...I get the same message. From the Survey Toolspace..right click on Figures...Settings...The Figure Settings dialog box opens....Default Layer: FIGURE
    3D polyline layer: SV_FIGURE_3D_POLYLINES
    create curved breaklines is checked
    Mid ordinate distance =1

The figure prefix library: is blank
    When I try to click in the libray to add nothing happens

I would like to populate the library to set up automatic breakline generation. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, rlshound

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Figure Prefix Library

Morning, I was able to successfully load the fig_prefix library by editing the fig_pref.txt file loacted in the program date file structure under Survey/Ing. I then tested by using a CSV file imported to the Data Collection link, converted to a field book file and created a surface model. The CSV file contained coded survey data such as begin curve/end curve,begin line/end line. I then imported breaklines into the surface and created a DTM.It works great,we are farther along than connecting points to create breaklines.Can anyone tell me if your set up creates mapping quality lines on respective layer/color that can be used in your finish drawing? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,rlshound