Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How To Change Location of PGP File

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How To Change Location of PGP File

Quote Originally Posted by Irné Barnard View Post
    Good idea, now to get that working from the short-cut? But also, what about all the paths in the profile's support path which should point to folders on the USB stick?

Should the ARG file be modified first? Perhaps using Regular Expressions through a VBS file?
    Touché ... The code was meant to be an example, and not complete per-se... I do have a day job, ya know. lol
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Good idea, now to get that working from the short-cut? But also, what about all the paths in the profile's support path which should point to folders on the USB stick?

Should the ARG file be modified first? Perhaps using Regular Expressions through a VBS file?
    ~laughs~

That reminds me of trying acad installed (virtualised) to a flash drive - it works ... just about.

But I do think that one day all our OS, applications and data will be on the equivalent of a flash drive and we just plug into any available computer. One day.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jaberwok View Post
    ~laughs~

That reminds me of trying acad installed (virtualised) to a flash drive - it works ... just about.

But I do think that one day all our OS, applications and data will be on the equivalent of a flash drive and we just plug into any available computer. One day.
    Sounds like you should meet this guy I know... P. Atent
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by RenderMan View Post
    Touché ... The code was meant to be an example, and not complete per-se... I do have a day job, ya know. lol
    Don't we all???

~laughs~

Most of my other stuff already works like that. I'm using http://portableapps.com/

Which means, I've got FireFox, Thunderbird, LibreOffice (the true Open Source OpenOffice), FileZilla, Notepad++, Songbird, XnView, Gimp, InkScape, etc. running from my external HDD. Which means all my settings, emails, contacts, calendar, document folder, music, etc. is available on any PC I can plug the thing into ... and that 500GB disc fits into my pocket ... just ...

Where I've still got a slight hassle is if the PC is using some other OS than Winsnooze. At least I've gotten Linux to work with most of the data, not OSX though. But that's a whole different matter!

I just wish I could comprehensively do the same with ACad, Impressions, Revit & 3dMax. Then I wouldn't need anything else but my own disc - ever!

Login to Give a bone

Don't we all???

Most of my other stuff already works like that. I'm using http://portableapps.com/

Which means, I've got FireFox, Thunderbird, LibreOffice (the true Open Source OpenOffice), FileZilla, Notepad++, Songbird, XnView, Gimp, InkScape, etc. running from my external HDD. Which means all my settings, emails, contacts, calendar, document folder, music, etc. is available on any PC I can plug the thing into ... and that 500GB disc fits into my pocket ... just ...

Where I've still got a slight hassle is if the PC is using some other OS than Winsnooze. At least I've gotten Linux to work with most of the data, not OSX though. But that's a whole different matter!

I just wish I could comprehensively do the same with ACad, Impressions, Revit & 3dMax. Then I wouldn't need anything else but my own disc - ever!
    I've seen the future ... and it's small and fits a USB port.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Or just that microSD in my Cell Phone with BlueTooth direct to the PC ... no wires, no other stuff, no cables

Login to Give a bone

but -- that would mean that vendors would have to actually sell you the software and allowed you to own it - not just take your money in exchange for a revocable license to use it on terms they dictate and permit. How could they pay for the maseratis for their teenagers if they did that?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Yup. I've seen the future and its not connected to a USB-anything, its "software as a service". Companies won't need an IT department, servers, computer savy users, or even quality computers, so they say. Just plug all your computers into the internet and we'll do the rest. Beyond that I can see "design as a service" where semi-intelligent software spits out pre-arranged designs based on a couple of simple inputs.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dgorsman View Post
    Yup. I've seen the future and its not connected to a USB-anything, its "software as a service". Companies won't need an IT department, servers, computer savy users, or even quality computers, so they say. Just plug all your computers into the internet and we'll do the rest. Beyond that I can see "design as a service" where semi-intelligent software spits out pre-arranged designs based on a couple of simple inputs.

You could be right - but I hope not. Well, not yet anyway.

Login to Give a bone

Could he not create the Icon on his flash drive?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123