Thread: Revit 2011 to Max Design 2011 to Backburner

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Question Revit 2011 to Max Design 2011 to Backburner

I looked for a forum on this but could not find a post. I have Revit files we take into Max to render on a regular basis. Rendering on the machine that exports the fbx file works fine, what seems to be happening is all Revit materials are going out to c/temp. So when this file is sent to backburner to be rendered on the farm it is producing an "Invalid Image File Header" issue. If you open max and look at the materials in slate editor and open one of the images it says that same error where you should see the image. Repath it to the one in the max folder and its fine. What this tells me is that we cant render revit in max to the farm because the materials are being dumped into c/temp. Used to have an fbm folder and that no longer exists. If you render to one machine everything looks great, however it takes forever and thus the purpose of sending it to the farm. Anyone have any good suggestions on how to fix this other than removing all materials and starting over once in max, or trying to remap all materials. both of which are very time consuming.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit 2011 to Max Design 2011 to Backburner

There is a tool on the main M (blue M in upper left) to manage resources. Going by memory on the naming of it. It may have been moved to the tools menu. It will allow one to repath all material images to a network drive in one action.
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply, I found the Asset Tracking tool and it shows all the materials, looks like on the export it puts a (#) at the end of the name. Not sure why it does this but the material wont match up directly when you select the folder in the max program files. It only found two of the files in the entire list.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Glad you found it - asset manager was what I was thinking of.

I was thinking you would make a copy of all the image files found in the local directory out to the network onto a drive all BB systems have access to. Then use asset manager to repath to the network location. Much more reliable to have resources at a central location. This way you don't ever have to worry about missing an image or other item.
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM