Thread: Express Tools for Acad2004 / 64 bit

Login to Give a bone

Default Express Tools for Acad2004 / 64 bit

I just upgraded my system to Windows 7 / 64 bit and added Microsoft Virtual PC to run my customized version of Acad2004... at least until I get my Acad2011 customization setup finished.

I was always able to run the old Express Tools EXE called etv1-9.exe to load the Express pulldown menu and all the handy routines now included in Acad2011. When I try to run the etv1-9.exe, I get an error message that it's incompatible with 64 bit operating system. I also tried running it in the Virtual PC / Windows XP / 32 bit mode and had no success.

I then copied some of the Express Tool LSP routines that my customization package uses from an old computer, and I'm able to load them via the Startup Suite window in the Load / Unload Applications window. I'd still like to get the rest of the routines and the pulldown loaded again, so if anyone's had success loading etv1-9.exe to a 64 bit system, let me know how you did it.

It's interesting that I never got the Express menu loaded, but during my startup routine, I'm still getting an error message "Express Tools: Unable to load Acetutil.arx". Where is this coming from? What's still trying to load the Express Tools?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Express Tools for Acad2004 / 64 bit

You already asked this here.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Guys, I just got this to work!

Do this: Install AutoCAD and express tools on a 32 bit (Win XP) machine. Make sure it all works OK. Install your same AutoCAD on the 64 bit machine, and then COPY over the folder from the 32 bit machine into the same folder as on the 64-bit machine. Presto, I've got all my bonus tools working just fine!

I'm using 2002, if it is of any interest!

Woo Hoo!!!

All AUGI, all the time Liamnacuac's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I've got a 64bit machine that seems to load the menu fine, the ribbon and all the pulldowns appear, but no command functions for Express tools. Which folder did you copy? The Whole Express folder?

Quote Originally Posted by luis.piek View Post
    Guys, I just got this to work!

Do this: Install AutoCAD and express tools on a 32 bit (Win XP) machine. Make sure it all works OK. Install your same AutoCAD on the 64 bit machine, and then COPY over the folder from the 32 bit machine into the same folder as on the 64-bit machine. Presto, I've got all my bonus tools working just fine!

I'm using 2002, if it is of any interest!

Woo Hoo!!!