Thread: ACA 2009 tutor wanted

Login to Give a bone

Default ACA 2009 tutor wanted

Not sure if this is the correct forum to place this.

I am in Newcastle upon Tyne in UK and have been trying to teach myself ACA 2009 from Paul Aubins Mastering ACA 2008 book. I have come so far but think i need some face to face tuition form someone who knows the ins and outs of ACA 2009!

I work as an architectural technician designing home extensions/loft conversions etc and would like to be able to pay someone to hone the skills i have already picked up. I hope there is someone near by who could offer to 'sort me out'??

Eddy Myers

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ACA 2009 tutor wanted

Quote Originally Posted by eddymyers View Post
    Not sure if this is the correct forum to place this.

I am in Newcastle upon Tyne in UK and have been trying to teach myself ACA 2009 from Paul Aubins Mastering ACA 2008 book. I have come so far but think i need some face to face tuition form someone who knows the ins and outs of ACA 2009!

I work as an architectural technician designing home extensions/loft conversions etc and would like to be able to pay someone to hone the skills i have already picked up. I hope there is someone near by who could offer to 'sort me out'??

Eddy Myers
    You could see if there is an Autodesk Training Centre (ATC) nearby, there is a phone number here which you could call to find out.

I'm from Hartlepool originally and there's a place in Darlington called NTC MicroCad that I went to many years ago, would that be to far for you to go?

Login to Give a bone

Best way to learn IMHO is to open up that shinny new box and play with it. After you figure out how not to do things, it all becomes easy .
    Aubin's book is a great reference but not a great teaching tool. You would need some experience before his book will make much sense. Also he doesn't always re-write everything for the new version, so some things may not look exactly the same. Open up a wall style modify and see what happens. Start with walls doors and windows.
    My suggestion to people around here is to find a tech school that teaches drafting and take a class. Usually way less expensive and way more informative.
    You could always call Paul Aubin, I believe he's still doing training.

edit
    Opps I almost forgot. There's always the Augi training program (ATP) under the education tab and the AU course handouts might be helpful as well.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Hi Eddy
    Sorry this is a little late on your post. As an ACA blogger I've picked up a couple of friends in the UK, both that do what you do. Perhaps I could see if either or both want to get in contact and you guys could share ideas. I have friends here in Australia where we do that too. I cover ideas for residential on my site.
    Odin Cary's site www.archidigm.com is a gold mine of info. His development guide (free) is an excellant resource http://www.archidigm.com/classroom/a...5_dg_cover.htm pay for some excellant & cheap content and get access to his classroom.
    David Koch's blog has excellant info http://architects-desktop.blogspot.com/ especially on learning scheduling if you need that.
    Free vid's for download at Darren's site CADclips (he's moved on to Revit now)
    http://adt.blogspot.com/ (click on the colourful title)
    Just a final word. I do mostly residential and you will find from reading my site that I actually think the official way to do things in ACA is really designed for 'hospital wings' and is overkill and is inefficient for residential work. But each to his own!
    HTH's
    cheers
    Nathan

Eddy Myers[/QUOTE]