Thread: Best practice for adding client data to titleblocks

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Best practice for adding client data to titleblocks

I was thinking about my current default titleblock and was wondering what the best way to add client data when the client has a Logo and customized font for their company name.

Currently I have a default titleblock for projects but many of my clients have logos that we need to put on the titleblock. The only way I can think of achieving this is when I am starting the CD's I need to make a copy of my default titleblock, add the client info with logo, save it with a new name and then load it into the project.

After this is done is there a way to globally update the sheet layouts that have the default titleblock and replace them with the new titleblock?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Best practice for adding client data to titleblocks

I believe since they are all family types, you should be able to select all in project and change the type from your default to your project specific. Assuming you keep all the same parameters you shouldn't shouldn't run into issues unless the sheet size is different.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

You really don't have to save it anywhere. Just use your company titleblock (you should rename it in the project browser first, just in case), edit that while in the project then reload it into the project. You can do this at any time.

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

The most common thing I see is to save the office title block family into the project library. Edit the project copy to include references to other consultants etc. As a practical matter each project is "unique" so "trapping" that information in a single family that is stored with the project and added to the project file(s) seems reasonable. It is also a relatively isolated task, meaning we usually deal with once or a few times as opposed to ongoing recurring task.