Thread: Clash detection Export Query

Login to Give a bone

Default Clash detection Export Query

I have several levels of a very large project with all services in revit being coordinated through Navis (I am using Manage 2011)

I have set up my NWF files for each level and appended in the various NWCs - usual procedure. Everything was going well until I went into some detail with my clashes.

I have it broken down to indiividual pipe services with their insulations and clearances... all input into various rules with distinct search sets vetted against one another.. a lot of work to bring down the clash numbers to a realistic level - and it works fine... I just want to be able to export all that work form one level NWF to the next...
    I try to export my clash detection settings (Batch, rules, selection sets) that I have painstakingly set up in one level out to .xml for import into another - as you are supposed to be able to do..

each time I go to import the .xml to the next level - Navis just crashes out - every time!

has anyone seen this before? is so - what if anything did you discover was up with it...

I know I should be able to import most of this... - I dont think the search sets can be imported as they are specific to the nwc file they are made from - thats how it looks anyhow..

anyone ventured down this road recently?
    Last edited by RollwithRevit; 2011-01-26 at 11:58 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Clash detection Export Query

Not sure why you are crashing, but I can tell you my procedure, which is modified somewhat from yours.

1. Create the Navis .nwf file.

2. Append the individual trade .dwg files (.nwd files can be used if necessary, however I prefer the .dwg's) Navis will create the appropriate .nwc cache files.

3. Set up colors, transparencies, etc.

4. Set up SEARCH SETS, and clash tests based on those search sets. Verify along the way that the sets and tests work.

5. Export clash detective .xml file.

In a new file, delete any existing sets or clash detection tests which may exist. Import the clash detective .xml file created in step 5.

This will bring in all sets and clash tests.

I've found that SELECTION SETS do not import, as they are specific to the individual files/layers.
    SEARCH SETS will import, but I've had to make sure that they are set up to utilize the Default search setting (not the below selected paths or the selected paths options).

All AUGI, all the time pauljordan's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

That procedure crashes my NW Manage faster than you can say Oh poo!

Error report pops up instantly. Fun stuff..
    Give a man AutoCad, and he'll draw you a floor plan.
    Give a man Revit and he'll build you a house.
    Give Cadmama a couple of drinks and she'll have everyone singing Rockytop!

I could stop if I wanted to Teresa.Martin's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Hi. One thing about exporting Clashes as xml files, you need to name it exactly the same way the clash is named. For instance, if your clash test was called M1-Mech v Steel, you would need to export the clash as M1-Mech V Steel.xml to get it to work. It seems like you can just call it anything, but it is actually very picky. In any case, I have found the name issue to be the root of numerous issues.
    Regares,