Thread: DLL plugin worked at first but now doesn't

Login to Give a bone

Question DLL plugin worked at first but now doesn't

we are implementing a DLL plug-in from labs.autodesk.com called RefUcsSpy that should pop-up a dialog asking about changing UCS when the user tries to add an XREF or PDF or image to the drawing.

my specific issue is with the machine we were using to test the plugin (which involved a group policy script to copy the DLL to the local machine and then using ACAD.LSP to NETLOAD the DLL). due to a misconfiguration on the server side, the GP script wasn't copying over the DLL. during the troubleshooting, we NETLOADed the DLL a bunch of times, both from the network (which didn't work due to security block) and also from the local machine.

long story short, the DLL worked on this machine for a while, and then...it stopped. the NETLOAD gives no errors, and the DLL works on every other machine with no problems now that all the kinks with GP and LSP have been worked out. it's just this one machine that won't execute the code anymore.

I've tried reinstalling AutoCAD and also removing .NET 3.5.1 and reinstalling it, to no avail. this is a Windows 7 64-bit machine running AutoCAD 2010.

any ideas about how to figure out why this DLL no longer executes and/or how to fix this problem without completely reinstalling Windows would be greatly appreciated. with .NET there's really no easy way to troubleshoot where the problem lies (unlike VBA) so i'm kind of stumbling in the dark hoping it will just start working...

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: DLL plugin worked at first but now doesn't

Perhaps a 'repair' installation of AutoCAD is necessary, given the uninstall/re-install of .NET 3.5 framework?

Separately, why not use a simple Visual LISP Command Reactor to handle your USC issue when the user initiates an Xref attachment/Overlay?

Look into the :vlr-commandwillstart event.

+/-30 lines of code should be all you need... no netload, no group policy... load from ACADDOC.lsp and done.

Hope this helps!
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000