Thread: .rvt upload limit

Login to Give a bone

Question .rvt upload limit

Using Revit 2011 effectively precludes me from uploading project files to this site. I created a project file in 2011 with only a 1' wall in it. the size is 2.26 MB, which exceeds the 2 MB upload limit.When i am trying to discuss families, and how they act when loaded into a project, this simply preemts any further conversation on the subject, since I can't upload the project file to discuss apples with apples, as i'm sure everyone has their own office templates for project files.

I wasn't sure where to put this, so feel free to move it, but this is, to my mind, a major prob. If the .rvt limit could be 3.0 MB, then I would have no problem, as I find my test projects are typically 2.26 to 2.80 MB's in size.

Certifiable AUGI Addict dhurtubise's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: .rvt upload limit

Did you tried zipping them?

All AUGI, all the time DoTheBIM's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Could be many factors pushing you over the 2mb. I created a blank project with a wall in it and it is only 0.22mb. If your trying to do a project file their might be a method to get it smaller using groups and save as, If your doing a family file, only thing I can think of is to do is insert it into a project. then in the family tree right click and do a save as, this will effectively strip out any historical information from the family as well as some other baggage I believe.

Login to Give a bone

I am using the default template to create revit projects, and most likely that is my problem. Time for me to start some serious study on templates (sigh).

Português - Revit Moderator fernando's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

To the purpose off sharing files, and upload information to this site, you could create a group of the elements you want to export, and link it, as a result you obtain a small file only with the information you want to share.