Thread: help - erase and select/edit problem

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy help - erase and select/edit problem

hi.

i have a problem on my 2011 autocad: since yesterday that every entity that i draw, i cannot erase it at the first time. i have to erase it like 5 times on a row to finnaly delete it.

i also cannot edit entities by double clicking on them (and on the options menu i have the double click edit option checked).

yesterday i tried to download new hatch patterns (but did not succeed) with the acadiso.pat and acad.pat files, but this morning i've let everything just like it was before. and i am not sure if the related problems of select/edit/ and erase are because of that, because i am not sure if that problem started right before or right after i tried to install new hatch patterns.

so now my big problem is that i can't normally erase for example a single line or edit an entity by double clicking on it and accessing to the properties menu.

can anyone help me?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: help - erase and select/edit problem

after all the erase problem is not what i thought. it is another thing: when i want to select an object and after the selection activate a command (like move or copy, or erase), nothing happens. i have to activate the command first. it is annoying because, for example if i want to change the layer of an object, by selecting the object and then choose the new layer to apply on the layer control toolbar, nothing happens. to do so, i have to draw a line with the new layer active, and then use the matchprop command.

have i changed some kind of configuration?
    and maybe the select/edit problem that i described is related to that one?...

All AUGI, all the time zoomharis's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: help - erase and select/edit problem

Change PICKFIRST system variable to 1