Thread: Dependent view referencing primary view

Login to Give a bone

Default Dependent view referencing primary view

Working on an addendum for a project complete in RAC 2011. We have sketch sheets with multiple dependent views from different primary views. Is there a way to have the dependent view reference the sheet and detail number the primary view came from?

I'm confusing myself just asking. Here's my situation...we're making changes to our demo plans. The same change basically happens on the first and second floor (two seperate sheets...both view #1), so I copied the primaries as dependents, and cropped the view down to the area that's changing. When I drag those dependents onto my sketch TB, it gives the generic view title and just numbers them view 1 and view 2...with no way to reference which sheet and detail number the primary is on. What I want is for one title bubble to say "1/A-051" and the other to say "1/A-052". I've tried using the OTB reference view title annotations, but I can't get it to work.

I know I could just dummy it up, but I hate doing that. Am I missing something here?

Certifiable AUGI Addict dhurtubise's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dependent view referencing primary view

its not referencing because Dependant views are not a callout.
    You can use callout in the parent view, that will give you a reference.
    I hope i understood right, kindda confused too

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dependent view referencing primary view

The dependent views are partial plans...just the parts that have changed. I didn't want to do a callout because it would show up as a plan detail for the duration of the project...which I didn't necessarily want for an addendum. The thought was to do dependent copies of the plan and crop the region, so as to keep my addendum "sketches" filed under the parent view for future reference to changes made.

I guess to boil it down, I want the bubble in the view title to have a full view reference (i.e. 1/A-100 instead of just 1, 2, 3, etc.) when I pull the view onto a sheet.

There's the OTB view title family with a reference bubble...but I don't know how to get the dependent view to reference the parent view so that reference bubble populates correctly.

That make any more sense? I've attached a screen cap of the view title family with reference bubbles I loaded...basically I want those bubbles to reference the parent view. How do I do it?
    Attached Images Attached Images