Thread: Stamps - make attributable

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Stamps - make attributable

We really need to be able to make custom stamps that will atuomatically fill in dates, times, and user names similar to PDF stamps that read system date/ time/user info and fill in. The whole process of creating custom stampls in ADR is in my opinion way too cumbersome. If I need to get outside, non cad folks to use ADR as a markup tool, it is almost impossible to explain to them how to create or send them custom stamps. For example, a simple approval stamp with "Approved," "Approved as Noted" and "Resubmit" checkboxes now requires at least (3) separate custom stamps (one for each checkbox marked) and if there is a date to be filled in one must manually place a piece of text and drag it into place - same with signature. Then, if stamp is repositioned, then you have to go back and reposition the signature and date text bits as well. This should be much simpler, and stamp creation should not involve dwf publication with block info, etc so non-cad people can easily create their own stamps.
    Last edited by Mike Y; 2011-03-13 at 05:01 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Stamps - make attributable

I would like to second this request. It can be done in Acrobat, why not Design Review. For our purposes, this is a game changer,... or game ender.

Login to Give a bone

I have added this request to our WISHLIST database. We will consider it for possible inclusion in future releases.
    Please let me know if I can be of any further help.

Herbert He
    SW Engineer
    PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
    Autodesk, Inc.

Login to Give a bone

Can I also add that it would be really useful if the plot stamp could have aonther feature & that is to add the file name. Having recieved over a dozen dwf files to plot for one of our engineers there were no titles or title blocks on any of them. It meant either typing it every time (& they were very long filenames) or looking at them after & writting it on. If there is a way to already do this I could not find it & would be very pleased if someone couldd tell me how.

Login to Give a bone

Happy to report that Autodesk Design Review 2013 now has dynamic date and time stamps! And it also now includes a Filename stamp too

Check it out and let us know what you think!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Y View Post
    We really need to be able to make custom stamps that will atuomatically fill in dates, times, and user names similar to PDF stamps that read system date/ time/user info and fill in. The whole process of creating custom stampls in ADR is in my opinion way too cumbersome. If I need to get outside, non cad folks to use ADR as a markup tool, it is almost impossible to explain to them how to create or send them custom stamps. For example, a simple approval stamp with "Approved," "Approved as Noted" and "Resubmit" checkboxes now requires at least (3) separate custom stamps (one for each checkbox marked) and if there is a date to be filled in one must manually place a piece of text and drag it into place - same with signature. Then, if stamp is repositioned, then you have to go back and reposition the signature and date text bits as well. This should be much simpler, and stamp creation should not involve dwf publication with block info, etc so non-cad people can easily create their own stamps.

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Stamps - make attributable

Quote Originally Posted by chris.blocher View Post
    Happy to report that Autodesk Design Review 2013 now has dynamic date and time stamps! And it also now includes a Filename stamp too

Check it out and let us know what you think!

Chris
    Great. But how do we add these to our custom Shop stamps?
    I just need username and date.

Matt

Login to Give a bone

Hi Matt,

You will need to recreate your custom stamps to include the functionality.

If you provide more detail or a sample or two, maybe I can provide more detail.

Best,

Chris