Thread: My profile keeps resetting when I close AutoCAD

Login to Give a bone

Default My profile keeps resetting when I close AutoCAD

We just recently switched to a new server at work and had all new user names setup. I imported my old profile.arg file into CAD on my new user name and it imports just fine, but for some reason every time I close out of CAD and go back into it my settings all get reset. It loads a default profile and hides all my tool palletes I usually leave on. Has anyone else ever had this problem or know a way to get it to stop resetting? Just gets annoying having to re-apply my profile everytime I open CAD! Thanks

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: My profile keeps resetting when I close AutoCAD

Quote Originally Posted by tmad101185 View Post
    We just recently switched to a new server at work and had all new user names setup. I imported my old profile.arg file into CAD on my new user name and it imports just fine, but for some reason every time I close out of CAD and go back into it my settings all get reset. It loads a default profile and hides all my tool palletes I usually leave on. Has anyone else ever had this problem or know a way to get it to stop resetting? Just gets annoying having to re-apply my profile everytime I open CAD! Thanks
    you could add a /p "myprofile" to the target portion of the shortcut. that way you wont have to manually reset your profile. I know that Civil 3D automatically puts /p "<<civil 3d imperial>>" in its default icon when I install it, so even if I imported my custom profile, it will always default to the Civil 3D imperial profile.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: My profile keeps resetting when I close AutoCAD

Thank you very much! That's exactly what I needed! I just looked at the shortcut and it has /P "AutoCAD" at the end so that must be why it keeps resetting. Appreciate the help!