Thread: Photos printing scrambled

Login to Give a bone

Default Photos printing scrambled

I am using ACAD Architecture 2011 and I have some photos referenced into paper space of a file. I'm trying to print them to our new printer which is an HP 7000. For some reason every time I print it, at least one of the 4 photos comes out completely scrambled. I'm not sure if this is a printer issue or an ACAD issue. I've had no other issues printing from CAD to this printer. Any thoughts or suggestions on solutions?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Photos printing scrambled

Can you print to any other printer without problems? If so, it would be a problem with the print driver. You may be sending too much information that the print driver cannot handle.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Photos printing scrambled

another path to look at in addition to drivers, is the format of the photo(s). Presumably you are inserting a .jpg file - normally a good choice for photographic data, not always a good choice for reproduction. and a very poor choice for linework

You can try converting to .png format, (and also try changing from color to grayscale unless you need color output- which will reduce the amount of data getting sent). If it's an image of linework, a bitonal tiff or png would be preferable.