Thread: Objects showing up on both opposite walls of interior elevations?

Login to Give a bone

Default Objects showing up on both opposite walls of interior elevations?

I'm working with a tub family and adding ANSI grab bars. The problem is that objects on the back wall show up on the front wall and vice versa. So my interior elevation of the tub control wall shows both the objects on that wall (as it should) but also the objects behind the view plane on the back wall.

What am I missing here? Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Objects showing up on both opposite walls of interior elevations?

If your elevation cut line (blue line) is cutting the family (the grab bar & shower arm) it will show. On your "J" elevation try to position the line so it's not cutting the family(s).

Login to Give a bone

If you created the family as "Specialty Equipment" it will do this....(I think that is what it was...had the same issue"...but you can nest Specialty Equipment into another family type and then the cut works correctly.
    Michael "MP" Patrick
    "I only drink :coffee: until it's acceptable to drink :beer: or :whiskey: or :wine:"

Login to Give a bone

How do you set up one elevation tag to show in three different directions?

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Click the elevation tag and then select which radio box you want an elevation?
    Michael "MP" Patrick
    "I only drink :coffee: until it's acceptable to drink :beer: or :whiskey: or :wine:"

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the reply!

Login to Give a bone

Sorry for my delayed reply. I got pulled off on another project for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    If your elevation cut line (blue line) is cutting the family (the grab bar & shower arm) it will show. On your "J" elevation try to position the line so it's not cutting the family(s).
    The grab bar, shower arm and tub are all one family so I can't really rearrange to not cut through it.

Quote Originally Posted by cdatechguy View Post
    If you created the family as "Specialty Equipment" it will do this....(I think that is what it was...had the same issue"...but you can nest Specialty Equipment into another family type and then the cut works correctly.
    Thanks. Looks like this is the problem. The family was in the "Plumbing Fixture" category, not the "Specialty Equipment" but it looks like it's the same deal. Neither are cuttable family categories in Revit. I changed to a Generic Model and it cuts and shows correctly.

But I still have a problem with the model lines and detail items. They still show in all views when cut, even if they're behind the cut plane. Is there a way to control these?

Thanks again everyone!