Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Material Takeoff by Level or by Room

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    2007-12
    Posts
    19
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Question Material Takeoff by Level or by Room

    I'm trying to generate a Material Takeoff schedule, but I need to sort if by Revit Level. I can't seem to do that.

    As an example, I have 3 levels in my model. Each level has a mix of existing and new phases. I want to know the area of gypsum board on level 1. I can get it to tell me gyp. for the entire project, but not just that one level. It would also be useful if I could sort by Room.

    What am I missing?

    Thanks,

    Jim

  2. #2
    I could stop if I wanted to
    Join Date
    2009-11
    Posts
    380
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Default Re: Material Takeoff by Level or by Room

    Create a parameter called "level". Assign the materials and sort as needed.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    2007-12
    Posts
    19
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Default Re: Material Takeoff by Level or by Room

    Thanks, I had found a similar solution. I'm really disappointed that you can't pull out the base constraint of a wall and utilize that in a schedule.

  4. #4
    All AUGI, all the time DoTheBIM's Avatar
    Join Date
    2005-02
    Location
    Central PA, USA
    Posts
    753
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Default Re: Material Takeoff by Level or by Room

    Quote Originally Posted by jim.155208 View Post
    Thanks, I had found a similar solution. I'm really disappointed that you can't pull out the base constraint of a wall and utilize that in a schedule.
    Agreed. A very long standing complaint/wish list item ( not just on walls either ). Same with scheduling wall height. I'm toying with making my own schedules via ODBC output and can schedule level and wall height as I please via use of queries and reports in MS access. See attached pic. Downside is it's not "live" like it is in Revit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    2011-11
    Posts
    4
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Default Re: Material Takeoff by Level or by Room

    Hi - Having the same issue here. Could you detail how you managed to get your walls scheduled by level. I am not familiar with Access.

  6. #6
    Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Join Date
    2021-12
    Posts
    1
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Default Re: Material Takeoff by Level or by Room

    Quote Originally Posted by jim.155208 View Post
    I'm trying to generate a Material Takeoff schedule, but I need to sort if by Revit Level. I can't seem to do that.

    As an example, I have 3 levels in my model. Each level has a mix of existing and new phases. I want to know the area of gypsum board on level 1. I can get it to tell me gyp. for the entire project, but not just that one level. It would also be useful if I could sort by Room.

    What am I missing?

    Thanks,

    Jim
    add
    Base Constraint, for level

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by fc754823 View Post
    Hi - Having the same issue here. Could you detail how you managed to get your walls scheduled by level. I am not familiar with Access.
    add
    Base Constraint, for level

Similar Threads

  1. Material Takeoff Schedule Sorted by Room
    By ksmith.207733 in forum Revit Architecture - General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2010-08-05, 02:35 PM
  2. Material Takeoff & Room Schedules
    By Faulkner-S1 in forum Revit Architecture - General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2009-12-14, 07:04 PM
  3. Material Takeoff does not substract Painted Material
    By joel.196524 in forum Revit Architecture - General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2009-07-30, 02:15 PM
  4. Material sample in Material Takeoff
    By Chad Smith in forum Revit Architecture - Wish List
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2006-04-26, 09:46 PM
  5. Room schedule & Material takeoff
    By Alvin_Alejandro in forum Revit Architecture - General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2006-04-22, 08:25 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •