Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Show us your Clash Reports!!

All AUGI, all the time pauljordan's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Show us your Clash Reports!!

I've been working pretty hard at setting up a decent clash report format and haven't had much luck. I'm writing out an .html file as well as an .xml file when I run a report. The .xml file I import into Execl to make a spreadsheet for my client to see hard numbers and a nice bar chart of our weekly results in clash detection.

The .html is what I'd like to see from other users. If you can post a screen shot of what it looks like as well as a shot of the screen you write your report from, perhaps we can all come up with some decent ideas on improving our process for creating and writing clash reports.

I'll go first. I know it ain't pretty but, hopefully with your ideas, we can make it better.

With this report, if my users click on the little image, it'll pop up a larger .jpg image they can zoom in to in order to see the clash better.

The results shot is what I did to make my graphics look the way they do on the report. That shot would be nice if you could include it as well.

Let's see whacha got!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Give a man AutoCad, and he'll draw you a floor plan.
    Give a man Revit and he'll build you a house.
    Give Cadmama a couple of drinks and she'll have everyone singing Rockytop!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Show us your Clash Reports!!

Wow, 30 views already and no one has shown thier reports... Am I the only one that's running reports?

If you need a decent screen capture utility, grab Lightscreen. Really small and really easy to use.

Login to Give a bone

My clash reports are done via Viewpoints, I haven't been issuing html reports.

Run the clash detection, export New, Active and Old clashes.
    The viewpoints get saved to their own folder (elec. vs. sprinkler mains, duct vs. plumbing gravity, MEP Access/Clearance vs. MEP)
    All of these folders containing the viewpoints are saved to a dated folder.

The model is then saved as an .nwd file, and issued for review and correction.

If I have comments on the individual clashes, I write them on the viewpoint with the text tool.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

This (and varations of it) works well for trade coordination.

Generating html and pdf reports is a waste of time except for the penny chasers who want to have something to print and wave around.....

If you want results, provide direct input in the viewpoint(s) that the trades can use that are quick and easy.

Perk

Quote Originally Posted by greenwaldc View Post
    My clash reports are done via Viewpoints, I haven't been issuing html reports.

Run the clash detection, export New, Active and Old clashes.
    The viewpoints get saved to their own folder (elec. vs. sprinkler mains, duct vs. plumbing gravity, MEP Access/Clearance vs. MEP)
    All of these folders containing the viewpoints are saved to a dated folder.

The model is then saved as an .nwd file, and issued for review and correction.

If I have comments on the individual clashes, I write them on the viewpoint with the text tool.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quick and easy is relative. The checkers who approve or delegate our clash results like to have paper to yellow off rather than fiddle with typed comments or wait for our single Manage license to be free. Of course, our work is probably much more "industrial" and has fewer and easier to resolve clashes (on the order of 25-50 per project).

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dgorsman View Post
    Quick and easy is relative. The checkers who approve or delegate our clash results like to have paper to yellow off rather than fiddle with typed comments or wait for our single Manage license to be free. Of course, our work is probably much more "industrial" and has fewer and easier to resolve clashes (on the order of 25-50 per project).
    I hate you guys with your 25-50 per project numbers. I'm sitting on one building that has over 25,000 clashes. I know a lot of that will be cleaned up as we refine our rules and set in NW but, at best it would still probably number around 3-5000.

In your clash detection meetings, what is your process for recording who's doing what on which clash?? Do you keep a 2D view open and just tag areas around that drawing with notes on who's fixing what?

I saw this done with Adobe Illustrator and the tags were even colored so you could see all the blue ones were for piping, orange for electric, click on them and you'd see the notes made during the meeting.

Login to Give a bone

On a large building, I will end up with somewhere near 1000 actual clashes per floor. These are broken down into various clash tests (Fire protection Mains vs. Plumbing gravity, or Mechanical Duct vs. Cable Tray), each batch of clash tests may contain a dozen or so hits. Some like Plumbing vs. Slab will contain hundreds; but most of these are not true clashes, as they are going to be slab penetrations which just do not get modeled in the Arch/Struc models.

When a clash report model is issued, each trade is tasked with going through the viewpoint folders which contain their work. They are to fix those clashes which can be easily fixed (ie: shift 3/4" water line to avoid duct main), When we re-convene the following day, the model is updated, clash detection re-run, and those issues which could not be resolved individually are resolved collectively.

I have not found any need to 'record' who is to do what on individual clashes; this is mostly because corrections are done in real time, and posted immediately.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by greenwaldc View Post
    When a clash report model is issued, each trade is tasked with going through the viewpoint folders which contain their work. They are to fix those clashes which can be easily fixed (ie: shift 3/4" water line to avoid duct main), When we re-convene the following day, the model is updated, clash detection re-run, and those issues which could not be resolved individually are resolved collectively.
    This idea sounds like it might actually work. Would you create the html document so they can go through the images at a better pace and also have the x, y, and z locations available in case they can't figure out where the clash is actually located?

Also, if you don't mind, can you post a screen shot or something for the best setup you have for your viewpoints? i.e. Select Filter, AutoReveal, AutoZoom etc.. etc..

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by pauljordan View Post
    This idea sounds like it might actually work. Would you create the html document so they can go through the images at a better pace and also have the x, y, and z locations available in case they can't figure out where the clash is actually located?

Also, if you don't mind, can you post a screen shot or something for the best setup you have for your viewpoints? i.e. Select Filter, AutoReveal, AutoZoom etc.. etc..
    I do not create an HTML document, the viewpoints will take you to the correct location. As part of my review prior to publishing a model, I review each clash, filter out duplicates (insulated pipe through an insulated duct will create 4 clashes, where a single clash will suffice) and place them in a folder titled filtered. I also ensure that each clash viewpoint adequately illustrates the clash.

When I run the report, I only include New, Active and Old clashes. I write it as "All Tests (separate)", and as "Viewpoints". This will create named folders, containing a variety of numbered clashes, all of which correspond to your clash tests.

The Autoreveal, autozoom, etc. options aren't captured in the viewpoints. You get them when using Clash Detective. I typically review clashes using Dim other, transparent dimming, auto zoom, and save viewpoint. I utilize select filter to filter out duplicates as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Ahh, I see now.. You're doing it "old school" style without using the automation of the Clash Detective itself. One of the guys I work with that's retiring in a couple weeks mentioned this style.

I might have to wander back in and take a look at that a little more. Perhaps when I get my clashes under 1,000 or so. Until then, I'd need a 5 man team running 8 hours a day to get this done.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast