Short background: I haven't formally worked in an Architecture firm since March 2008. Been working a Facilities Management / Owner's Construction Team since then. I am a licensed architect. The last firm I worked in, I was using Autodesk Architecture 2007/2008(?). We used it pretty much as a 2D dwg program though. But, I really liked having the components to quickly build details. Where I am now, I have vanilla AutoCAD 2008. I don't use it too much though. Just enough to remember most commonly used commands, change/rework floor plans. Not drawing elevations or details.

Now, I've got the opportunity to start doing some side work. Have a couple residential clients lined up. Was thinking of purchasing AutoCAD LT 2012. I know it has limited capabilites when compared to AutoCAD and Architecture. But, would like to get a better read than just the standard feature comparison chart on Autodesk's website.

So, what will I be missing? What will frustrate me the most about LT? What will pleasantly surprise me? What do I not know about LT that I need to quickly discover and will help me to use it as a better tool than I think it is? Or, would I be better off (by spending less money) buying SketchupPro and using the Layout feature to create CDs? Thinking of buying SketchupPro anyway...so, should I just start there, use it for CD's and think about buying LT when I get a few more clients lined up?

Thanks, Wesley