Thread: Subtgerranean Analysis

I could stop if I wanted to zanzibarbob7's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Subtgerranean Analysis

I have a building, in Alaska, that is earth covered with several skylights and a South face that has several windows. Question is, how do I analyse this type when I find no setting in the Analyse dialog box for exposure only on one side. Everything assumes that I have glazing on a four sided building, or a percentage of the building, which may not be accurate for single sided, Southern, exposure.

I have run the analysis for a conventional building for a site in the region of my building, as there are no weather facilities close, but think I am getting incorrect data, because of the above described. Help please!

Just a follow up. I know I can change the type of glazing by face, but I dont see a way to entire delete the glazing, as is the design of the building.
    Last edited by zanzibarbob7; 2011-04-20 at 05:52 PM.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Subtgerranean Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by zanzibarbob7 View Post
    I have a building, in Alaska, that is earth covered with several skylights and a South face that has several windows. Question is, how do I analyse this type when I find no setting in the Analyse dialog box for exposure only on one side. Everything assumes that I have glazing on a four sided building, or a percentage of the building, which may not be accurate for single sided, Southern, exposure.

I have run the analysis for a conventional building for a site in the region of my building, as there are no weather facilities close, but think I am getting incorrect data, because of the above described. Help please!

Just a follow up. I know I can change the type of glazing by face, but I dont see a way to entire delete the glazing, as is the design of the building.
    I am assuming you are using Revit Conceptual Energy Analysis.
    First go to the Massing Site Tab and change the Show Mass Setting to display Surface Types.
    Using the Tab key highlight and select the individual surface you want to edit its properties. Once selected, scroll down to the Energy Model section of the Properties dialog. Change Values to <By Surface> and also change Target Percent Glazing to 0%. Do this for every side you want to change from the default global energy settings.

Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I could stop if I wanted to zanzibarbob7's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Subtgerranean Analysis

Thanks for the reply. I thought it might be something I was overlooking. Thanks!