Thread: Linetype Scale in Viewport

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Linetype Scale in Viewport

It appears that I should be able to do this, but it's not working.

I'm using Architecture 2011

I want to set a linetype scale applicable to 1 of several viewports in a layout. Right clicking on the viewport and selecting "Edit Object Display" gives me that option but no matter what linetype scale I select, the display does not change. I've tried Regen and Regenall. I've tried it with the viewport locked and unlocked. Those don't work.

general LTSCALE is set to 1. PSLTSCALE is set to 1.

Am I missing something?

AUGI Addict
    (getpoint "Anywhere on the Enter Key =>")
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Linetype Scale in Viewport

Quote Originally Posted by rwright363 View Post

I want to set a linetype scale applicable to 1 of several viewports in a layout. Right clicking on the viewport and selecting "Edit Object Display" gives me that option but no matter what linetype scale I select, the display does not change. I've tried Regen and Regenall. I've tried it with the viewport locked and unlocked. Those don't work.

Am I missing something?
    This may not give the help with your topic.
    Only FYI:
    LTSCALE applies to model space and layout. And this is why it also called "global scale factor".
    PSLTSCALE applies to every viewports on layout. You cannot set it to different values with individual viewports.

Login to Give a bone

Depending on the layout of the particular drawing, there may be work-arounds.
    How many viewports at how many different scales?
    Does the one viewport in question display only objects that are not displayed in any other viewport?

Login to Give a bone

Am I missing something?
    I don't have that particular option, (I'm in Vanilla Acad 2011) so I don't know if thats an issue. I didn't think you could override the LTSCALE in a particular viewport, and if you can, maybe that's causing your problem.

From what I know:
    If all your lines (actual lines in model space) are scaled to "1" (as they normally would be, not scaled individually), and you have your LTSCALE set to "1" (global linetype scale you want everything to appear) and your "PSLTSCALE" is set to "1" (= on; meaning the viewport scale does the math and makes it appear correctly in PS) ..then you should be getting your desired linetype scale = 1 in all your view ports in your layout.

Maybe theres more to it that I don't know.

All AUGI, all the time arshiel88's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

To eliminate the scaling of linetypes from the problem, uncheck the Use paper space units for scaling or set PSLTSCALE to 0. To set it on layouts individually, issue the command while in paper space, and in model space to turn off on all layouts. Now what you see in the model is what you must get in the Layouts.

Login to Give a bone

ject

Am I missing something?
    Yes, you're missing the point that a viewport is an object with it's own properties. Setting the LTScale of a viewport does not change the appearance of what's displayed through the viewport. You can explicitly set the color of a viewport to Blue, but that does not change the display of everything shown through the viewport to Blue.

Same with LTScale being assigned to a viewport. It's a meaningless property for a viewport, but, it's still there. Same as TEXT objects, they also have the LTSCale property, but it has no meaning.