Thread: Map 3D 2012 Help (is Worthless!)

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs down Map 3D 2012 Help (is Worthless!)

Is it just me or is Map 2012's help even more worthless and less helpful than it was in 2011? First you get some links to various subjects on the left hand side of the screen with topical links in the middle. Well, each link takes you to more links without answering the question. What I find especially annoying with when trying to find help topics for regular AutoCAD after clicking under User's Guide -> Get Information->Find the Information You Need->Access Help and Other Sources of Information->Overview of InfoCenter and Autodesk Exchange, I finally get the page which shows the Help Bar and some other and it tells me to use AutoDesk Exchange for AutoCAD to access the help. The big problem is that I do not have the Excange "X" on my help toolbar. Or the sillhouette of the guy. Also when I want to learn about a new feature of AutoCAD (example: Nudge) I type it in the help and it doesn't return any (useful) information. The AutoCAD 2012 Help installed on another computer returns results but Map doesn't.

ANYWAY, if anyone figures out a work around this helpless Help, I would appreciate knowing about it. Map 3D 2011 had the help file (chm) for AutoCAD, but not anymore!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Map 3D 2012 Help (is Worthless!)

HA HA HA!! It may seem funny for me to reply to my own post, however, this one is hillarious!

I went to help and under Map 3D Help I clicked on "Reference Guide", then the Reference Guide Link, which brought up a page that said "This section provides comprehensive information about AutoCAD Map 3D commands, expressions and variables, and the dialog boxes where many of the AutoCAD Map 3D settings can be specified." Then gave YET ANOTHER link that said "Reference Guide". That leads me to a page with the header "Reference Guide". Oh yeah! Did I mention that that last page IS BLANK??? THIS IS RIDICULOUS!! Is anyone else having as much trouble as I am???

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Map 3D 2012 Help (is Worthless!)

It's not just you. When I try to access the User Guide, it also comes up with a blank page. I wonder if they spent so much time getting the software out, they neglected to update the online help system. I'm sure they will get a slew of complaints, and will have it all up and running soon.

It'd be nice if they would offer all the manuals/guides in PDF format like they did with 2011.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Map 3D 2012 Help (is Worthless!)

Sorry...but I don’t have an answer to this problem either...just the same complains... I am trying to get some information on how to use the Industry Templates...but I can't find any info? It’s frustrating to have these tools that seem to be very powerful with no Info what so ever of how to get you started!!!