Thread: student needing an interview

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default student needing an interview

I'm sorry, I'm sure this isn't the right forum to post this, but after a few hours of searching where this would be best posted, this is where it ended up. I'm totally new to all of this, so please forgive me if I've posted this in the wrong place.

I'm and interior design student taking an AutoCad class at the moment, and one of our assignments is to interview someone who uses AutoCad. I was hoping that someone could take a moment to answer a few questions for me.

The questions are:

Q1: When do they use AutoCAD in the production process (i.e. preliminary design, design development, etc.)

Q2: What types of standardization they use.

Q3: What are the advantages or disadvantages that AutoCAD brings to their practice.

Q4: Can AutoCAD be used as effectively for designing as it is used for reading construction documents? Ask the interviewee to provide logical examples to support your answer.

Q5: Do you use Modelspace and Paperspace? If so what are the advantages of doing this. If you did not use model space and paper space, what changes would have to be made to your drawings and what problems do you foresee if you have to go back and edit these?

If the interviewee does not use modelspace and paperspace identify why it is not used by his/her firm.

Q6: If the interviewee used modelspace and paperspace ask the following question: Since every AutoCAD drawing is usually created on a scale of 1:1, won't the scale hinder you as a designer in terms of sheet layout? Why or why not? Provide logical examples to support your answer.
    If the interviewee does not use paperspace, then enquire how the firm plots for the various scales on each sheet.

Thanks in advance for your time, patience, and help!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: student needing an interview

Hi. Welcome. Try here and here.