Thread: Non visable items - Windows7 & Adobe Pro

Login to Give a bone

Question Non visable items - Windows7 & Adobe Pro

I have a condition when creating a pdf from AutoCAD 2010, on an Windows 7 (64 bit) with Adobe Pro (version 9.4.1) somehow there are non-visible entities generated in the pdf that are not visable on the screen (no layer), not visable when printed from Windows 7 systems, but are visible when printed from any Windows XP systems. In AutoCAD these non-visiable items are set via the .ctb to print lineweight 0.00 and screen 0 but are on a plotting layer. We can't turn the layer non-plot as there are other items on that layer that need to be plotted.

This rogue pdf only happens when printing using Adobe Pro on Windows 7. I've tried Adobe on XP, DWG to PDF (both W7 & XP) and third part PDFCreater (W7 & XP) - all those conditions work fine.

I can't send out pdf's to clients that appear visually correct only to guess on how they are printing them and if any non-visiable items are showing up on their prints.

Any help?
    Tanya

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Non visable items - Windows7 & Adobe Pro

1. Have your tried printing using the built-in 'DWGtoPDF' PC3 file?

2. I have seen this problem with certain files in ArcMap. The PDF looks great on the screen, but when printed, there are rogue lines that show up. Our guess is that the PDF file contains this information and Adobe Reader is intelligent enough to filter it out for viewing, but the print driver interprets it as valid data and prints it.

One workaround we found was to open the PDF in Adobe Reader, and print it to PDF using a different windows PDF driver (we used CutePDF), and then the resulting PDF output printed just fine.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |