See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Drawing created in Mechanical 2004 not correct in TrueView 2012

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs down Drawing created in Mechanical 2004 not correct in TrueView 2012

Until recently we had been using VoloView for viewing drawings by non-engineers, mostly for generating PDFs to send to vendors for purchasing.

Last week we discovered it had been replaced by TrueView so we d/l'ed it and installed it. Other than having a larger footprint, it has been working relatively well. However today we ran into a drawing that is causing a problem.

We have a drawing that has several reference measurements, designated with letters in a circle. When viewed in Mechanical 2004, they render just fine. In Trueview 2012 however, the circle renders "cutting thru" the letter, as I show below.

I asked the engineer if this could be "re-rendered" or "re-generated" (not sure if that is the right term) but that didn't seem to make any difference.

Any idea what might cause this, and what a solution might be?

Any help is appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Drawing created in Mechanical 2004 not correct in TrueView 2012

Quote Originally Posted by paul614023 View Post
    Until recently we had been using VoloView for viewing drawings by non-engineers, mostly for generating PDFs to send to vendors for purchasing.

Last week we discovered it had been replaced by TrueView so we d/l'ed it and installed it. Other than having a larger footprint, it has been working relatively well. However today we ran into a drawing that is causing a problem.

We have a drawing that has several reference measurements, designated with letters in a circle. When viewed in Mechanical 2004, they render just fine. In Trueview 2012 however, the circle renders "cutting thru" the letter, as I show below.

I asked the engineer if this could be "re-rendered" or "re-generated" (not sure if that is the right term) but that didn't seem to make any difference.

Any idea what might cause this, and what a solution might be?

Any help is appreciated!
    I'm not sure what causes it, but, I've experienced some problems with visual issues like that before, too.
    Typically we haven't bothered finding out ways around it since our guys are sporadic about pulling up plans for reference.

It might be something as simple as a font in a certain directory.

Just as an alternative, when VoloView was killed off a few years ago, I installed http://www.bentley.com/en-US/Products/Bentley+View/ for our viewing stations and a lot of the guys still like to use it, even though I've officially gone to DWG TrueView now when setting up the new guys.

Best of luck.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

We tried BentleyView and while it worked ok, we never were happy with the level of user friendlyness so we haven't been using it for a while....

Login to Give a bone

Interesting...

I just tried opening the "problem" drawing in the latest version of Bentley View (V8i) and it does the exact same thing. Opens fine in Mechanical 2004 tho....

Hmmmmm....