Thread: Using "Count" in Schedules

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Using "Count" in Schedules

Ive made light fixture schedule that outline the number of lights in each space and the wattage per light. Ive tried to make a column that would multiply the two together but keep getting an error message regarding me using "count". Is there anyway around this?
    Thanks

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Using "Count" in Schedules

Count and wattage are two different units, and that is probably what Revit is screaming about.

In the equation that drives the calculated value, divide the wattage number by 1. That will cancel out the "w" and make the number compatible with the fixture count.

Like this:

(w/1w) * fixture count

Login to Give a bone

Count can not be used in schedule calculations, the misconception is that a Revit schedule can be treated like an excel table. Basically each line in a schedule is a report on an element, and when the count shows anything other than 1 then it is simply combining multiple elements and if they have like values then it displays something, if the values are different then it displays nothing.

Basically this means that you cant use the Count parameter other than using it as multiplying the value by 1 which would be pointless.

You are better to use the sorting/grouping and then show a total in a footer to get the total per space or whatever you are looking to show.
    Last edited by drewj; 2011-05-19 at 08:15 PM. Reason: added image

Login to Give a bone

I'm curious as to how the "totals" function works in Revit. I consider myself a pretty savvy guy, but I'm having trouble getting airflow quantities to "total" in my equipment schedule.

I've grouped the equipment by Level to get totals per floor, checked the "footer" box and left "Title, count, and totals" selected, but all I get is the count of units on that floor. I also sorted by Location in the schedule, but I wouldn't think that would affect anything.

Is there something with the airflow parameter type (actually an "Air Flow" parameter type) or the schedule grouping I don't understand? The schedule has lots of other numeric parameters I would think it should be totaling...

Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Make sure that you have checked Calculate totals on the formatting tab for the appropriate column as well.

Login to Give a bone

If anyone wants a video for how to use and manipulate Revit's Schedules I made one here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCrEhK6MS8A