See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Nostromo 2011

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Nostromo 2011

Craig Orbweaver definitely has thumb buttons. One on "thumb rest" and one above.
    I wasn't sure at first, but I found it listed somewhere.
    It would have been a deal breaker for me too -my whole number keymap relies on holding upper button, and lower is always enter- so I made sure of it.

Tartarus is just a slightly cheaper Nostromo without the wheel and with one more key in it's place.
    Personally I don't use the wheel so if I wanted a direct replacement for the Nostromo I'd take the extra button & pocket the savings with a smile on my face.
    But I'm hungry for the extra row of keys on the Orbweaver.

If you're stuck on the wheel then the Nostromo would be the best bet. It looks like they're continuing all 3, which is good.
    Last edited by dave.drafting762382; 2013-11-17 at 09:21 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Set up my new Orbweaver Stealth today. Have to say Synergy was flawless. Unplugged the Nostromo, plugged in Orbweaver, and it came up and offered where to import settings from Nostromo.
    I opted to start new, as so many changes to previous. All of my Macros were available. Setup was as quick as 130-odd key assignments can be.

Once my key assignments stop changing so quickly, I'll post an update. I'm doing a lot of juggling at the moment to make sure that the most common commands are right under my fingers.

So far so good.

Login to Give a bone

This is my current, fairly stable layout. It works for me so far. Some other notes:
    Button under thumb is always "enter"
    Button above thumb on all other keymaps is "return to default keymap" - this is in case it gets stuck on wrong one instead of cycling back to default.
    All Letter Key mappings are done as capitals, ie A is actually "Shift+A". If I really want small characters I can hit CAPS first, then type letters. I think it's more useful to default to capitals.

Login to Give a bone

Hello,

I was intrigued to stumble across this thread with regards to using a Razer Nostromo on Autocad (my friend had previously recommended it!)

I have ow obtained a Nostromo and can share my first ever 'Keymaps' with you all (Im sure this is going to change over time).

Let me know what you think!

P.S. i have duplicated some commands on some maps to make working with that map more efficient then having to scroll away from it all the time

Cad Keymap.jpg

Login to Give a bone

Hey guys, I just wanted to share a couple of recent discoveries.

Greenshot is a great donate-ware screenshot manager. Does everything perfectly - can paste shots directly into outlook, upload to imgur, save to predefined directory, etc. Great built in tools like highlight & obfuscate. Has a button on my Orbweaver.

The big discovery for me is "Arsclip" which is a freeware clipboard manager. It remembers your last 15 Ctrl-C and presents you with a picklist under the cursor when pasting.
    This little tool is absolutely invaluable and I'm kicking myself that it took me so long to figure out.
    I had a massive day last week and updated or produced 36 drawings. All of the title block info was saved in Arsclip and it made updating the title block a super easy experience with no typing involved at all.
    Arsclip (terrible name by the way ) has it's own button on my Orbweaver and I can still do a straight Ctrl-V as well.
    I can't recommend highly enough that you try a clipboard manager for drafting.

Login to Give a bone

Darren, hope you're having success with your Nostromo. I use mine at home, however the Orbweaver is a great step up and I wish I had one at home too.

I've got a pretty stable config, snuck a small extra keymap in by holding the grey 'arrow keys' button which just gives me up/down/left/right as well as changing drawing tabs left or right, and a few extra calculator buttons.

Also 'paste list' maps to the Arsclip hotkey, and in arsclip I have all presets readty to paste of all my standard drawing title block entries like 'issued for xxx' etc as well as today's date in correct format.

Orbweaver Key layout-Model.png

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678