See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nostromo 2011

All AUGI, all the time pauljordan's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Nostromo 2011

Hey guys,

I've had a Nostromo N52 for about 5 or 6 years now. Used it pretty heavily when I was using Autocad Map.. Uggh.. That and an add-on that was a nightmare with it's long names for commands.

My layout worked a good bit differently than what you're demonstrating there.

I used the mouse wheel on the Noz for controlling what menus I needed.

There's the default menu, then I'd roll the mouse forward and hit the red menu (My colors may be off as I don't have the Noz here in front of me so I'll just use Red, Green Blue here). If I rolled it forward again, it went back to default. Next wall rolling it back to hit the Green menu, back again and it went to the default.. Push down on the wheel and it went to the blue, down again it went back to default.

I never could get that dang aiming button to work the way I wanted it to but, that little orange spacebar was a godsend.. Surprised I didn't break mine as fast as I was able to go with it..

I'm working away from home these days and I'm due to head home late next month, might just have to dig the ole Noz out and dust it off to use it with NavisWorks Clash Detection.

I found this thread looking for AutoHotKey commands for NavisWorks, found a great set of them but, I need to customize them to do what I want them to do. I can easily do the work with the Noz but, no one else has it and won't be able to do this kind of work.. Which really isn't as problem as I'm the only one that does the viewpoints for clashes..

Thanks for the stirring of the brain matter to get me thinking back to the Noz again.. Hopefully my setup idea will be of some use to one or three of ya.

PJ
    Give a man AutoCad, and he'll draw you a floor plan.
    Give a man Revit and he'll build you a house.
    Give Cadmama a couple of drinks and she'll have everyone singing Rockytop!

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the link Dave, will check it out.
    I do have to give you credit for the tips, especially the 50ms pause and so on.
    Since my post I have change the D pad to select different keymaps, I am using 5 so far. Round button (16) switches to my Snaps Keymap and back when released, I'll also use this when in AutoCAD makes remembering button positions that bit easier.
    Button 15 momentarily switches to my Visibility Keymap.
    Forward on D pad on any keymap takes me back to the default keymap.

I am still tweeking one or two keymaps but wish I could settle on a final layout. hey ho.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of uptake using keypads for AutoCAD or Revit, seems a shame to have a lazy left hand.

Good to see a spark stirring up there PJ

Thanks chaps.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by adriansmith725640 View Post
    Thanks for the link Dave, will check it out.
    I do have to give you credit for the tips, especially the 50ms pause and so on.
    Since my post I have change the D pad to select different keymaps, I am using 5 so far. Round button (16) switches to my Snaps Keymap and back when released, I'll also use this when in AutoCAD makes remembering button positions that bit easier.
    Button 15 momentarily switches to my Visibility Keymap.
    Forward on D pad on any keymap takes me back to the default keymap.

I am still tweeking one or two keymaps but wish I could settle on a final layout. hey ho.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of uptake using keypads for AutoCAD or Revit, seems a shame to have a lazy left hand.

Good to see a spark stirring up there PJ

Thanks chaps.
    Oh, c'mon, at least on the AutoCAD side, left hand never leaves the keyboard...
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Oh, c'mon, at least on the AutoCAD side, left hand never leaves the keyboard...
    No, no. Left on mouse, right on keyboard.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Oh, c'mon, ..................................., left hand never leaves the coffee mug...
    Sorry, couldn't resist a misquote

[read left for right as appropriate]

Login to Give a bone

Sorry, couldn't resist a misquote

[read left for right as appropriate]
    ~eyes shift from screen, down to left hand~ uuuuuuh... I concede your assertion.
    ScreenShot461.jpg
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor

Login to Give a bone

And there I was thinking the Mistress of Dorkness had been swallowed up by the AUGI Director and lost her sense of gadgetry wonder... whew.

BTW, is that a Spacemouse I see peeking down from the top of the photo Ms. Left-Hand-Never-Leaves-The-Keyboard? Hmm?

Login to Give a bone

Yeah, c'mon now....'fess up! Is it a Spacethingy? If it is, someone got a way too high IT budget

and there's me thinking I had a cool, albeit inexpensive gadget, on my desk. [care not to say cheap Ade]

er, nice nail polish?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tekcon13 View Post
    And there I was thinking the Mistress of Dorkness had been swallowed up by the AUGI Director and lost her sense of gadgetry wonder... whew.

BTW, is that a Spacemouse I see peeking down from the top of the photo Ms. Left-Hand-Never-Leaves-The-Keyboard? Hmm?

Yes, as a matter of fact, that is a SpacePilot Pro. Please note that I specified while in AutoCAD. I use that bad boy in Revit MEP, but, I'm too hard-wired in AutoCAD to use anything but the keyboard.

ScreenShot475.jpg
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Technical Editor

Login to Give a bone

Yeah, c'mon now....'fess up! Is it a Spacethingy? If it is, someone got a way too high IT budget

and there's me thinking I had a cool, albeit inexpensive gadget, on my desk. [care not to say cheap Ade]

er, nice nail polish?
    LOL... actually, my IT budget is pretty pathetic, don't make me think about it too much. This didn't come from my company, it is my own. As an industry writer, I occasionally get freebies to evaluate, so this puppy was given to me by the fine folks at 3dconnexion.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Wanderer; 2012-08-27 at 04:27 PM.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Technical Editor

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast