See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nostromo 2011

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Nostromo 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Oh, c'mon, at least on the AutoCAD side, left hand never leaves the keyboard...
    I used to be like that.. pounding the space bar all day. Not any more, it's all eyes up data entry and commands, and the keyboard is only for text entry. I've even made peace with the ribbon!

Anyway, I've now paired the nostromo with a M570 trackball. So now I have 2 busy thumbs, plus in any window I can scroll up/down with right hand and roll up/down a list with the left hand scroll wheel. Nice way to tie your brain in knots!

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

"What do you do all day, sit around twiddling your thumbs?"
    "Well, actually... yes."

Login to Give a bone

lol

Login to Give a bone

Now I am wonderng if the Mistres is an any way related to Helen (being a Triad 'n' all )
    Before I get accused of wandering into "off topic area" I thought I would slide back in line.......

Here is a pic of my Revit Keymaps for the Nostromo......

Nos Revit Keymaps.jpg

I am still finding that I need to fiddle about with them a bit as I don't use as many commands as I first thought, and keep wanting to add new ones.

...and, just now I only get to twiddle one thumb

[having seen the pics of clean and tidy desktops...sheeesh...just make me worry sometimes ]

(all reet, all reet....I need to get to grips with this attachments lark...)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by adriansmith725640; 2012-08-28 at 01:36 PM.

Login to Give a bone

The Belkin Nostromo SpeedPad n52 is a USB computer gaming peripheral designed for gamers by Belkin.All of these controls can be programmed with the included "Nostromo Array Programming Software" to emulate any keyboard function or keyboard macro

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by sprachit80970121 View Post
    The Belkin Nostromo SpeedPad n52 is a USB computer gaming peripheral designed for gamers by Belkin.All of these controls can be programmed with the included "Nostromo Array Programming Software" to emulate any keyboard function or keyboard macro
    Thanks for that Captain Obvious

Login to Give a bone

Razer has released an upgraded model called Orbweaver.

It has an extra row of buttons in place of the scroll wheel, which was a bit fiddly to use anyway.
    I'm happy with that change - with some Blue tack lumps added to feel your home keys.

It has 3 movable sections now to fit any hand - seems good but I find mine comfy as is.

More importantly it has Synapse support - so if all works as promised there will be no more remapping when you move machines.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyb...eaver-stealth/

Unless you want to annoy the whole office I'd suggest the "Stealth" version which has less clicky keys apparently.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the pointer Dave....I'm not sure if the Orbweaver is worth the extra cash when I already have the Nostromo though

I'm looking for a replacement to my cordless three button mouse to complement the Nos', so any suggestions welcome. Ta.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by adriansmith725640 View Post
    Thanks for the pointer Dave....I'm not sure if the Orbweaver is worth the extra cash when I already have the Nostromo though

I'm looking for a replacement to my cordless three button mouse to complement the Nos', so any suggestions welcome. Ta.
    Three of the five drafters in our office use the Logitech Wireless Trackball M570: http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/produc...trackball-m570

Of those three drafters, two also use the Nostromo.

I use the Razer Naga with the Nostromo, but it's corded: http://www.razerzone.com/ca-en/gaming-mice/razer-naga/

Had the Razer Naga Hex ( http://www.razerzone.com/ca-en/gamin...azer-naga-hex/ ) been available at the time, I would have gone for it instead, as I find the Naga's 12 thumb buttons to be too tiny and closely spaced. I really only use the top three buttons.

I would prefer to use a wireless mouse, but find that as soon as I add the batteries they become too heavy and my wrist is screaming by the end of the day.

My two cents.

Cheers,

Janet

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for that Janet, I notice Dave uses an M570 as well.
    Could I ask? Do your chaps have any comment on the “cons” of using an M570 as I have read some negative reviews of it, albeit out of many hundreds of positive comments, that said I have concluded at least 50% of the critics haven’t given it a chance.
    I seems to be sensible to me that gaming pads and mice should be used in the industry we are in as they are designed to be more robust to handle the hammer they get during game play. Also, if you are to spend 8+ hours a day using a PC for mouse intensive app’s like AutoCAD and Revit, why use a £10 common mouse? ($8??? Just a guess)

The Nagas look like they could offer something, but a Hex in Green or Red….it would clash with the cool blue of the Nostromo.

I have been using my Nos’ for 11 months now and am about to make some major changes to my Keymaps even after tweaking here and there. I find there are some maps that rarely get used and others could be laid out better. This is probably part of “growing” with it and being prepared to adapt with experience.

Thanks in advance.

Ade

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast