Thread: Shared Coordinates not working

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Shared Coordinates not working

I have multiple files sharing coordinates and a linked AutoCad file. I continue to get the error that the workset for Project info is checked out and I cannot save back to the file or that the file has changes in more than shared coordinates and I cannot save. My project is not a traditional project and because of this the location of the building/station continuously shifts. I have an Architectural Site file that I link Architecture, MEP and Structure into and shift the station in this file. I then save the shared coordinates back to the respective Revit files. This was working fine until this week. I have gone and read different threads on how to solve this, but nothing is working. This is what I have done:

1. Xref the AutoCad site file into a blank drawing and use this to link into my Revit models. I'm still makine changes to this Cad file.
    2. As read in various threads I have modified the linked Revit files path to read from a local copy rather than the Central file. (Why I don't really understand but I did it anyway to see if this was the problem).
    3. I asked everyone to exit the files and whent into the Central file of the Site model and tried to publish coordinates to all the Revit models. Had everyone create new local files and this didn't work.
    4. As a last resort, I have removed shared coordinates because we have a deadline and the files don't line up. I need to have shared coordinates in place so that I can do a clash detection in Navisworks.

What am I missing?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Shared Coordinates not working

Your project info issue has been happening to me as well...actually I had a shared coordinate class at our reseller's office and it happened there. For some reason the username I had for Structural somehow had checked out the project info in the architectural model.

If you go to Project Information it should show you who has control. Then just create a local using that username, sync, then close.

The linked revit model should be the central file...not a local file. Reason for this is nobody should be working in the central file, thus if you publish coordinates for that file it will save. If someone was working in it then you cannot save, this is the same issue with an autocad file. So you have to be out of the autocad file to publish.

Your site model is a central as well? Then you should be working in a local, not the central file itself. Personally I arrange all my buildings in the site plan and publish from there...and I use the same site position for all instances.

Edit: btw...our reseller tech's were at that meeting...they had never seen that issue before (project info borrow)...and it happens to us all the time.
    Michael "MP" Patrick
    "I only drink :coffee: until it's acceptable to drink :beer: or :whiskey: or :wine:"

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: Shared Coordinates not working

You are my hero Michael. That worked out perfectly! Now I need to scold someone for touching my files