Thread: Data References create Style Errors

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Data References create Style Errors

I'm talking about

Toolspace
    Settings Tab
    Rt-Click on Drawing Name
    Edit XML Settings operation....it's a long shot.
    Also I have as yet attempted to reproduce your procedure. Although I do believe it is happening.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I looked at that style. I think it is related only to importing and exporting to LandXML. I tried it anyway, and it did not seem to make a difference.

On a separate note, I created new drawings, data references, etc, and could not get the problem to duplicate to the same extent that I did in the original drawings. That is, the parts did seem to come in with the proper part size (manhole and pipe size). But, new styles still did not come in from the pipes drawing into the referenced drawing.

That suggests to me that my problem is currently related to the drawing, and not a general problem with C3D 2012. This drawing was originally started in C3D 2011. I'm now using 2012, and don't know if that has something to do with it. I also don't know if it is a problem related to using Part Builder at any point in the process.

Regardless, at this point, I am prepared just to rebuild the drawings impacted, since it appears that I may be able to find some work arounds.

Thanks anyway.

Scott

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Has anyone found a solution or more information about this? I've started a new project, and I'm having the same issues. To verify that it was still happening, I used a simple part family with four parts, each with a different dimension and different style.

As before, it looks good in the original drawing, but when I data reference it into a second drawing, the style reverts to the style of the first part in the part family.

Help, please!!

Scott

Login to Give a bone

Can you post or send me your template with your pipe network parts list?
    bruce (dot) klug (at) clark.wa.gov

There is a known issue that can cause this depending on how your parts list was created.
    I can check it. Also, have you modified the parts catalog or are you using the Autodesk default one?

Bruce

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Bruce,

I've seen previous posts from you regarding having the same structure dimensions (for example, two 24x36 inlets) included as different parts names with different styles. I am aware that ACAD gets confused with this because the part ID does not differentiate between the two as different. I'm going to guess that this is what you are referring to.

In my case, that is not what I did, specifically to avoid that problem. Here is what I did. I have created my own part family by opening the Simple Cylinder Family in Part Builder, and saving it out as my specific family name. Then I modified the diameters available to be a short list to test. 0.01, 6, 12, and 48. Then in my Parts List, I added the part family and the four part sizes. The 0.01 diameter is style "Unassigned". The remaining three are Pedestal, Meter, and Handhole.

As I said, the structures I created look good in drawing 1, with the correct part size and style. However, when I bring in the data reference into drawing 2, the part size will still be correct (that is, the parts properties will identify it as 48 diameter, or 12, or 6), but all styles will revert to Unassigned, which is for 0.01 and is the first part size in the family in the parts list.

See the attached file.

I can send you the drawing if you still want. Thanks.

Scott
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Scott,
    It looks like from the PDF that the parts list is setup correctly to avoid the other problem. The thing that's weird is it acts the same. Now i'm thinking it's either the drawing that has the pipes DS in either has a different parts list or is pointing to a different catalog?
    I noticed in an earlier post that you mentioned fixing 25 plan-prof drawings. Are you using a standard template? When we cut sheets every drawing has the exact same template so we always have the same parts list, styles,...

Not much else comes to mind.

Bruce

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Bruce,

I've thought the same things several times. But, I have run trials to avoid that potential problem, with no success. For example, the pdf that I attached was constructed from two drawings from scratch. The parts lists were imported (dragged through Prospector) directly from one drawing to the other before attaching the data reference. Therefore, in this case, I completely avoided using any specific template.

Just to be sure, I just double checked the catalogs being used, and they are the same as well.

If you can think of anything else ....

Scott

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12