Thread: 2006 Lt vs Win 7

Login to Give a bone

Default 2006 Lt vs Win 7

Has anyone had any luck with getting the subject combination to work. I got to load on my new WIn 7 machine but it only tells me there are known compatibility issues and to got to Autodesk when I try to start it.. Autodesk does not seem to have a solution as 2006 is unsupported. I done the run compatible to xe and all things that I can find to try. At $1200 for a seat of 2012 I am out of business if I can't get it to work.
    Man a perfectly good application out the window (no pun intended) thanks to Microsoft.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 2006 Lt vs Win 7

Quote Originally Posted by lapace View Post
    Has anyone had any luck with getting the subject combination to work. I got to load on my new WIn 7 machine but it only tells me there are known compatibility issues and to got to Autodesk when I try to start it.. Autodesk does not seem to have a solution as 2006 is unsupported. I done the run compatible to xe and all things that I can find to try. At $1200 for a seat of 2012 I am out of business if I can't get it to work.
    Man a perfectly good application out the window (no pun intended) thanks to Microsoft.

If its 32-bit just run it anyway and see what happens.
    If its 64-bit try running it in a virtual machine (like VirtualBox).
    See here.

Login to Give a bone

It is 32 bit. When I start the AutoCAD 2006 LT on this machine what happens is I get the window telling me that there are known compatibility issues. This window advises I go to Autodesk. I did that and there is no hope there. The button that says Run the Program does not do anything other than you get the Win 7 circle ( used to be hourglass) thing for a couple of seconds and then nothing.
    If by VM you tell the computer to run as XP I did that to get it to load. Should I have to do that again?

Login to Give a bone

Went home and tried again. I managed to get it to start and authorize. What I had to do was right click on the icon and tell the computer to analize for compatability. Then you get the "Known Compatability" window and there I click on the run program button and it will work. I have to do this every time I start it.
    This is a relief. Just a few more picks and clicks. Thanks to jaberwok.