Thread: Element Properties from Revit

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Element Properties from Revit

Hi! First time posting, and I apologize if this is a dumb question/ has been answered in the past. I went looking, but couldn't find anything. I created a family in Revit with various parameters to allow me to manipulate it (swinging hinges and the like). I'd like to create an animation in Navisworks that involves these parts moving independantly. Navisworks seems to only let me move the family as a whole and all the parts must remain stationary relative to one another. I can see that the properties are there, but it won't let me change them. Surely this isn't the case! Please tell me that I'm missing something. I'm new to Navisworks so it seems like I am.

I could stop if I wanted to Teresa.Martin's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: Element Properties from Revit

Quote Originally Posted by clorenz921859 View Post
    .. I'd like to create an animation in Navisworks that involves these parts moving independently. Navisworks seems to only let me move the family as a whole and all the parts must remain stationary relative to one another. I can see that the properties are there, but it won't let me change them. Surely this isn't the case! Please tell me that I'm missing something. I'm new to Navisworks so it seems like I am.
    Greetings. You can move parts independently if you use the Animator tool. This will let you move and rotate the object as necessary for the animation. You might also want to change the export settings from Revit under Navisworks Settings> Model>Performance to All Objects rather the composite so the objects come in separately (door panel is separate from the frame, etc.).

You cannot change the properties of the objects that came in from Revit. You can view them, search for them and using them to create selection and search sets, but you cannot change the data (parameters) that came in the the NWC file. You can add data to the model, but in this instance in regards to animation, that will not serve you. You need to use the Animator module to show a door opening, etc.

Best regards,