Thread: conduit problems

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default conduit problems

i'm having a bunch of issues trying to draw conduit in 2011. first i didn't have any fittings loaded, so i loaded them in. then the setting for Bend in conduit type wasn't set to the elbow fitting, did that... now i can at least draw conduit and it will turn and add a fitting. the fittings are not reading the lookup table, i guess... all the fitting diameters are tiny, regardless of the conduit size. it is also actually changing the angle of segment a or b to make the fitting happy it seems... am i missing more settings, or is my template wrong (was set up by the my in-house architects, might be our 2010 one, just renamed). is there any way of checking to see what folder revit is looking at for my lookup tables? or where mine are supposed to be? i'm thinking my next move is to un-install and reinstall, because our IT guy loves his deployment installments, and it may not have installed or set something locally that it should have... thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Mike

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: conduit problems

Hi Mike -
    OK, a couple things. If you want to know where Revit thinks your lookup tables are navigate to wherever Revit is installed (by default C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit MEP 2011\Program) and find the file called Revit.ini. It is a text file with many of Revit's internal settings. Find the line labeled LookupTableLocation. This line will indicate where Revit thinks your lookup files are located. You can edit this file to point to the correct location, or more the lookup tables to the location where Revit is looking.

As far as getting the conduit types set up correctly, your best bet is to try and compare the settings that you have to those that come with the Electrical template that we ship. There are actually a couple different basic options for setting up the conduit types that are provided in that template.

If IT has conveniently hidden the template from you, please post back and I'll see if I can post it for you somewhere.

jason

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: conduit problems

Mike,
    Any luck with this? I'm having the same problem, right now, with a project that was created using a 2010 template.

Edit 12:57 PM:
    Got it! There were no lookup tables in the path specified by the .ini, so I copied them in from a network location.
    Last edited by Darren.Bartels; 2011-06-16 at 05:07 PM.