Thread: MEP Content

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default MEP Content

I have been working on my MEP content and am trying to produce families that can be used to represent a number of manufactures products. so if I use a Chiller family in my model that family will have parameter values that are compatible with a number of manufacturers. I am doing this so my plans will not lock any one manufacturer in or for that matter any acceptable manufacturer out. I realize that this can be done in the specification but i am trying to maximize revit’s capabilities by utilizing shared parameters and creating smart schedules. Does anyone know if this type of content can be purchased, catalog txt files included and if so where?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: MEP Content

Not sure if you can pay for it, but it can be created. What I have done is to go back to the earliest version of Revit I use (no backward compatability), and created family shared parameters. I took the parameters right from our old autocad schedules, thus making parameters that have only the info we need to convey our design. Then, I created family template files from these shared parameter files specific to those pieces of equipment. So that leaves me with needing to create the families themselves. Well, most were already created by me because I hate using anyone elses families, even autodesks'. Nice, lean, agile families that have our parameters, and nothing else (besides the ability to flex like crazy). Its a weekss worth of eye bleeding work, but well worth, as the Revit MEP jobs have been rolling in lately, and now we have a set of standards that make Revit a viable and almost profitable approach. If you feel like paying for this kind of customization is up your ally, find a Revit consultant in your area, Im sure they would love the work and the money...I would.