Thread: Integrated Panelboards

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Integrated Panelboards

Has anyone dealt with integrated panelboards, such as the Square-D IPaCS? If so, how did you do it? If not, any recommendations on how to do it?

For those that don't want to click on the link, basically imagine multiple panels and/or transformers all inside a single enclosure. As an example, one configuration is 2 panelboards above a transformer. Would it be possible to nest just standard panelboards into a container family, and still be able to link to the connectors?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Integrated Panelboards

No connectors cannot be connected to if the family is nested. You can have several electrical connectors in 1 family if I recall correctly.

I believe we did this for Cummins gensets as they have the primary "utility" connector and then a secondary elec connector for the jacket water heaters that need to be fed from the panelboards. These families were made in 2011 so Im sure the functionality is there in 2012.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Integrated Panelboards

Your easiest solution is probably to make a dummy equipment family to host separate panels to. You may also want to create a panel family that doesn't show in plan or is Filtered out but is still able to be circuited to in place of the IPC. Reason being is that you will probably need a separate panel schedule for every nested panel in the Power center. Also you probably will not be able to assign multiple distribution systems to a single equipment family.