Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dynamic Block "field" text moved

Login to Give a bone

Default Dynamic Block "field" text moved

I have a simple Dynamic Block with an attribute which I edit to include a sheet number 'field' from Sheet Set Manager. This has worked fine for some time, but recently that field entry moves from the original text location for no apparent reason. For example, the block attribute says "Match Line - See Sht. 9", the "9" is the 'field' and it moves a significant distance below the rest of the text. When I remove the field and just type in '9' it works fine, but that defeats the purpose of Sheet Set Manager coordinating my drawings. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

All AUGI, all the time TerribleTim's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dynamic Block "field" text moved

I'm going to add to this one since I think my problem is along the same lines. I've got a block that has an attribute in it that is moving from where I put it also. I built the block with the attribute in the center of a circle. But when I put that block in a drawing, the attribute is way off to the right and up. When I go in the block editor and put it back in the center of the circle it shows up fine. But if I open the block editor again, it is way off to the right and up again. What gives?

Login to Give a bone

Hi, Tim-

It sounds like you need to synchronize your attributes. You can do it by either using the ATTSYNC command or the BATTMAN command. (I’m working with AutoCAD LT 2011 so I don’t have access to sheet set manager in order to help comoth. Hopefully someone else will jump in.)

Login to Give a bone

Sorry, I cannot help, but I would like to add to the conversation. I have a related problem in that I have an attribute that cannot be added to an Action/Parameter.

I have a level datum that consists of a circle with cross-hairs, a line that dynamically stretches, and two attributes for the user to input the name of the level, and the elevation. I want to apply a Flip Action to the line and the attributes, but cannot add them to the selection set: "2 unlocked AttDefs filtered from selection".

Login to Give a bone

You need to lock your attributes in order to include them in the flip action.

If you’re goal is to allow users to move the attributes around independent of the block then you can add a point parameter and move action to each attribute. Just be sure to include each attribute’s chained point parameter in the flip action selection set and not the attribute itself.

Login to Give a bone

Ahhh....for some reason i could not get the locked position for the attribute to flip, but it did work today. However, the attribute is text and when flipped it no longer remains readable (unless you have a mirror), so flipping does not work so well. I have been able to set it up so that the attributes can be moved (if desired) once the block is placed and/or has been flipped.

I thought that text stayed orientated to remain readable when it was mirrored, but that is not happening on my version of ACAD LT 2011. Is that a system variable? Thanks for the tips.

Login to Give a bone

Yes, it's a system variable. You want MIRRTEXT = 0.

All AUGI, all the time TerribleTim's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

sandrews -
    I tried the ATTSYNC command and it made no difference. I'm still getting fields that move on insertion and I can't find the answer to this one. Also, if I go into the block editor and put the fields back where they should be, save and exit the block editor and then run ATTSYNC, they move back to some random location. Any other ideas?
    Last edited by TerribleTim; 2011-08-18 at 04:57 PM.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

I had the same problem, solved it by recreating the attributes within the block editor and after that using attsync. In first the block was made by the block command. After altering it in the block editor and making (the same) new attributes the problem was gone.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleTim View Post
    sandrews -
    I tried the ATTSYNC command and it made no difference. I'm still getting fields that move on insertion and I can't find the answer to this one. Also, if I go into the block editor and put the fields back where they should be, save and exit the block editor and then run ATTSYNC, they move back to some random location. Any other ideas?
    Ah, fields! That’s a different kettle of fish. If ghmeijerman’s advice doesn’t help, try posting an example of the problem you’re having and we’ll take a look.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast